Posted On: 2018-09-24
Closing On: 2018-10-19
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT CAMP OOCHIGEAS
In 1983, an ambitious group of board members and volunteers banded together to create a summer camp unlike any other in Canada. Exclusively serving children with cancer, it would be privately funded, staffed entirely by volunteers, and completely free for the campers. A camp where every child, no matter how debilitating their illness, would be provided an opportunity to explore enriching, challenging, fun experiences through what is fondly referred to today as the “Magic of Ooch”.
Over thirty years later, Camp Ooch has experienced exceptionally strong strategic growth and is now offering increased programming in order to better serve our community. Building programs to meet the ever-changing landscape of paediatric healthcare, we have expanded to include programs year-round in Muskoka, at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto (SickKids), at Camp Ooch Downtown (a Toronto urban camp facility), and six other regional cancer centres in Ontario.
With more than 500 active volunteers each year and over 55 full-time staff, we now serve 1,500+ children and families annually, at our camp and through other year-round programs that support siblings, bereaved siblings, and parents. With no hospital or government funding, Camp Ooch relies on the generous support of over 15,000 donors each year and continues its long- standing history of providing outstanding support and excellent programming for children with cancer.
Reporting to the Director, Community & Annual Giving, and working somewhat independently, this position is responsible for supporting Camp Ooch’s main source of data and information on donors and other key stakeholders, Raiser’s Edge, including data integration, data integrity and quality across critical systems in the Toronto office including online donation and peer 2 peer fundraising, advocacy, program event and marketing databases. In addition, the role is accountable for providing database support to all other areas of the organization, providing reports, insights and data intelligence to the Development team and other colleagues across the organization.
Currently Camp Ooch utilizes: Raiser’s Edge, RaceRoster, Engaging Networks and CampSite, among other software tools.
Reports to: Director, Community & Annual Giving
1 Database Management (25%)
- Oversee the Raiser’s Edge architecture and functionality of Raiser’s Edge, Camp Ooch’s main source of data and information on prospect activity and donor relations. Performing business requirements gathering and analysis to optimize data flow and business processes and maximize the use of the database.
- Lead support of all Raiser’s Edge users with issues resolution and best practice.
- Lead Raiser’s Edge task force to develop coding structure, protocol, operations and procedures manuals, guidelines for data input, management, exporting & tracking of data to the system.
- Responsible for all code tables, user rights and security groups and all global changes/imports. Creates new user accounts.
- Conducts demographic data changes and updates constituent records (data screenings).
- Maintain and manage the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) database integrity and controls, including identifying and correcting database problem areas such as address updates, missing or incomplete data, incorrect values, and duplicate records.
- Advise on upgrades/or patches as required. Work with IT to schedule software updates. Disseminate relevant information regarding software upgrades.
- Act as contact with Blackbaud Technical Support for support calls.
2. Database Training & Development (30%)
- Leads the development and execution of comprehensive donor database (Raiser’sEdge) training for alll staff members.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to data entry staff in all departments. Assist staff with writing of queries, reports and exports, as needed.
- Lead the Database Taskforce bi-weekly team meetings and provide ideas and guidance for annually improving departmental functions.
- Maintains and updates the Raiser’s Edge User Manual and develop supporting reference guides and training modules.
- Stay current on upcoming enhancements to software.
3. Reporting (40%)
- Develops, documents, and supports standardized and/or customized reports from Raiser’s Edge database using Crystal Reports and other tools. Collaborates with end- users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. Leads the development and export of custom reports and queries required to support direct marketing, donor relations and revenue analysis initiatives.
- Generates donor leads through gift analysis to contribute toward the donor pipeline development by identifying opportunities to upgrade and convert existing and lapsed donors.
- Produces and delivers revenue reports and analysis for Finance and audits as necessary.
4. Database Integration (5%)
- Proactively aggregates incoming information from multiple sources responsible for the integration of data systems with regards to the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) (in additional to those identified above, this would include the JMG Importer Tool, ECHOage, etc.)
- Leads the maintenance and operation of the integrated database and online system, including data integrity, user interface and database design and security
- Manages online fundraising platforms and donations integration into donor database (Raiser’s Edge) in collaboration with Gift Processing and IT.
- Working with Marketing & Communications, Finance & Administration and IT, ensuring the integration of all online platforms with new web platform, digital marketing tools, mail management systems and Raiser’s Edge
5. Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor, in keeping with the nature and scope of the position.
6. Ethics (at all times) - Ensures that the integrity, image and quality of all works is consistent with Camp Oochigeas’ mission, operating principles and objectives and adheres to the code of ethics of Imagine Canada, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
1. Finance, IT and Gift Processing teams, in particular the Manager, IT and Administration and CFO
2. Development Department (Research & Major Gifts Coordinator, Development Officer, Donor Relations, Annual Giving Coordinator and Director, Community & Annual Giving and Director, Campaigns & Leadership Philanthropy)
3. Camp Program Administrator and Family Liaison and Program Coordinators, Volunteers
4. Plays a leadership role at Camp Ooch, working closely and collaboratively with all staff
5. Reports directly to Director, Community & Annual Giving
Experience and Qualifications
a) A relevant university degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
b) Minimum 5 years Database Management experience (preferably with Raiser’s Edge)
c) Working knowledge of donation management tools, finance management, camp program software and email management tools
d) Strong fundraising knowledge
e) Excellent proficiency with building custom reports and associated software (i.e. Crystal Reports or Tableau)
f) Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
g) Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
h) Excellent organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills within a team environment
i) Experience developing and delivering effective training to stakeholders of all learning styles
j) Highly motivated and proactive and persistent, understanding how to work collaboratively with individuals and teams in a complex environment
k) Strong administrative and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate vision and strategy into tactics and actions
l) Interest in pioneering a system that reflects the industry’s best practices in data management
m) Current police reference check (obtained at time of employment)
a) Post-Secondary education in computer science is an asset b) Current driver’s license
c) An understanding of the power of camp
d) Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector
Particular Working Conditions
a) The position involves some evening and weekend commitments.
b) In consideration of the population Camp Oochigeas serves, the Manager, Database is a non-smoker.
c) The job is performed in a generally hazard free office environment and in a clean atmosphere. Some lifting of up to 30 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of materials to/from meetings or presentations is involved, as well as sometimes having to work in awkward positions to accommodate equipment checking, installation, etc.
Remuneration and Benefits – Camp Oochigeas has a comprehensive benefits program and competitive compensation.
Accessibility - Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that consider the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
To Apply - Send your resume and cover letter by email or mail by Friday, October 12, 2018 to the attention of:
Manager, Database Hiring Committee
464 Bathurst St.
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S6
Start Date: As soon as mutually agreeable.
Note: We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.