Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it. You do. And so do people with lots of money.
Our cbm Major Gifts Team gives people with high net worth the opportunity to discover their world-changing aspirations. We connect these men and women to giving opportunities that benefit some of the poorest and most overlooked people in the world – children and families struggling to survive poverty with the added challenge of not being able to see, or walk or hear.
Then we use their investment to make lasting, transformational change in lives and in communities.
We do it because we believe God loves everyone. And because we believe a whole and healthy world means no one should be left out.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Then, join our Major Gifts Team. We currently have 2 job openings.
Reporting To: Director, Major Gift
Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: Working from Stouffville office or home with very frequent trevel (Job #1 - Ontario travel, Job #2 - Western Canada travel)
Date Posted: October 1, 2018
Application Deadline: November 22, 2018
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Use your charisma and dogged discipline to form new relationships that get you face-to-face with people who are capable of giving gifts of $10,000+
- Use your creativity and kindness to nurture existing major donors using a variety of channels (face-to-face, phone, mail, email and meetings)
- Use your courage and passion to ask for funds on behalf of children and families in dire need
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan for salaried staff and we end work early on Fridays in the summer
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
Our top performers have:
- College/University education preferred or a combination of education and experience
- 5 years sales or fundraising experience and show tact, diplomacy and solid judgment when building relationships with major donors
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Disciplined and patient approach to fundraising
- Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Applications
- Experience with Donor Management Software (an asset)
- Very frequent travel (Job #1 - Ontario; Job #2 - Western Canada)
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Occasional travel overseas
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
If this tempts you even a little bit, and you meet the minimum requirements, let’s set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 22, 2018.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.