Posted On: 2018-10-01
Closing On: 2018-10-12
Location: Toronto / Southern Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Camp Quality
Camp Quality Canada provides empowering camp experiences for kids with cancer and their families. We know that together, we have the power to turn life’s challenges into adventures.
Originally founded in Australia in the 1980s, the Camp Quality name quickly spread throughout the world. Today, there are 6 independent Camp Quality organizations operating in 6 countries around the world.
With a dedicated team of over 500 volunteers across the country, CQ Canada delivers empowering camp experiences to children with cancer in four provinces. In addition to our camp and social/recreational programs, CQ also runs an in-school educational program that teaches junior school children about how they can support a friend who has cancer, or any other illness or disability.
You can find out more about CQ at www.campquality.org
- Application Closing Date: October 5, 2018
- Hours: 5 days/week
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Location: Toronto/Southern Ontario region. Mainly home-based, with expectation of some travel around Southern Ontario, including regular meetings in our Toronto office.
- Some weekend and evening work is expected (w/ lieu time granted)
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Working with our volunteer leaders, and staff, the Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring the overall success of our fundraising efforts in Southern Ontario. With the support and supervision of the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager will also be responsible for assisting in the creation of the development strategies critical to the overall success of Camp Quality Canada as a whole. The position requires both superb people skills and an ability to work alone on detail-oriented tasks such as prospect research, grant and proposal writing, donor database administration, and donor receipting. We’re looking for a passionate fundraiser with strong ties to their community and an honest interest in improving the lives of families affected by childhood cancer.
Key Duties include:
- Working with regional volunteers, and CQ staff, lead the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship of prospects and donors
- Work with the Executive Director, other members of the Development team, and the Board Fundraising Committee to create and refine CQ’s fundraising strategy
- Work closely with local volunteers and lead in the execution of local fundraising initiatives
- Recruit and manage fundraising volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of the national marketing plan
- Support camp fundraising teams to ensure their success in achieving their annual targets
- Maintain the Camp Quality Donor Database system (Giftworks Anywhere)
- Manage peer-to-peer fundraising events and campaigns using Artez
- Ensure the prompt issuance of tax receipts for donors
- Direct external marketing and fundraising communications (social media, electronic, press releases, letter mail, etc.)
- At least 2 years fundraising experience in a setting that required you to take a leadership role.
- A university degree, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Strong and persuasive writing and communication skills.
- Experience with all aspects of fundraising, including corporate sponsorship, special events, peer-to-peer, major gifts, and donor stewardship.
- Strong grant-writing experience.
- A practiced understanding of leadership, and a history of empowering others to lead as well.
- Experience with donor database software.
- Experience with budgeting and meeting revenue targets.
- An uncanny knack for making new friends and a real passion for working with people from all backgrounds.
- A sense of purpose and a passion for the work we do that pushes you to do your best – even when working alone.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org