Manager, Major Gifts and Corporate Campaigns
ShareLife and Development Office
1155 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4T 1W2
Full time, permanent (35 hours per week)
The ShareLife and Development Office of the Archdiocese of Toronto is seeking a full time Manager, Major Gifts and Corporate Campaigns to be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of the components of the ShareLife Corporate campaign, including contributions from corporations, foundations, individuals, and employee campaigns.
The Manager will also be responsible for the research, identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts from prospective donors for the annual ShareLife campaign, and to develop and implement strategies for the stewardship of these donors. They will also be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of ShareLife special events (Golf Tournament, Mass of Thanksgiving).
The Manager is also responsible for the supervision of the Coordinator, Schools and Employee Campaigns and the Development Coordinator, ShareLife.
- Develop budgets for campaigns
- Working with the Communications Manager, develop marketing plans for the corporate, school, employee and community campaigns, and to participate in developing ShareLife’s overall corporate communications strategy
- Recruit volunteers, canvassers, assign donors and prospects, and track canvasser progress in the corporate campaign; ensure appropriate follow up/ contact with donors and prospects
- Work in conjunction with Catholic Charities and member agencies to develop the Case for Support
- Develop, write, and present proposals to corporations, foundations; individual and prospective donors; provide ongoing stewardship
- Work with the team to develop and implement various public functions such as Kickoffs, Campaign Launches, Mass of Thanksgiving, and other ShareLife events and make presentations as required
- Work with the ShareLife Golf Committee to plan and host the annual ShareLife Golf Tournament
- Working with the Coordinator, School and Employee Campaigns, oversee the ShareLife schools and employee campaigns across the Archdiocese
- Support the parish campaign through public speaking at parishes and other events as required
- Other duties, as required
- University degree or equivalent
- CFRE designation preferred
- A demonstrated track record of success in the identification, research, cultivation and stewardship of corporations and major gift prospects
- Five to seven years experience
- Must be a self-starter and able to work as part of a team
- Marketing skills and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to recruit, train and motivate volunteers
- Able to relate well to senior corporate executives and to work with clergy
- Knowledge of Church organization, practices and environment
- A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant
Those wishing to be considered should submit their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format noting position number 2018-22 to: Stephanie Nargoz, Director, Human Resources via email at email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of applications is October 12, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Toronto provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.