Posted On: 2018-10-02
No closing date
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Temporary
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Senior Coordinator, Campaigns.
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy & Campaigns and working closely with the President & CEO, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns provides support to the Major Gifts Team to assist with achieving the goals and objectives in the campaign business plan. The Senior Coordinator, Campaigns will provide a high level of administrative support to the Senior Fundraising Team, including the President & CEO. Under the direction of the Director and Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns is responsible for coordinating the solicitation of prospective donors and stewardship of current donors to the campaign as well as other special initiatives. This role requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact and mature judgement.
- Provides support to the Senior Fundraising staff on revenue generation for Transformational, Leadership & Major Gifts prospects.
- Under direction and using templates, drafts compelling communications, presentations, PowerPoint decks, proposals, and agreements for prospects and donors.
- In collaboration with the Executive Assistant, coordinates calendars of the President & CEO for all prospective donor interactions including meeting logistics and required presentation materials.
- Under direction and in partnership with the Major Gifts Team, provides support with activities related to the management of the prospect pipeline and current funding sources and relationships.
- Monitors donor activity, ensuring contact reports and follow up actions are recorded in Raiser’s Edge and completed for the Senior Fundraising staff and President & CEO’s prospects.
- Under direction, provides support related to activities associated with donor ‘contacts’ within a moves management system.
- Under direction and in partnership, assists with the management of prospect database including tracking assignments and necessary follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience/training required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in fundraising from a healthcare organization an asset
- Coordination and project management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient during an intensive period of planning and development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide project support according to timelines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focus approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level in addition to familiarity using the internet and email.
- Relevant donor software experience (such as Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as InDesign and Photoshop an asset.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by clicking on the follwing link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1835/senior-coordinator%2c-campaigns/job
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.