Posted On: 2018-10-03
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wellspring is network of cancer support centres that provide a comprehensive range of support and coping skills programs to men, women, and children who are living with cancer. Professionally-led programs are provided to patients and their loved ones at no charge, and Wellspring relies almost entirely on donations and event revenue in order to operate its centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Major Gifts and is based at Wellspring Westerkirk House, 105 Wellness Way (on the campus of the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre). The successful candidate must be comfortable travelling around Toronto as required.
- Help to set and meet major gift ($10,000+) and leadership giving ($1,000-10,000) targets
- Qualify, cultivate and solicit donors
- Build and maintain the donor pipeline, including database tracking
- Write letters of intent and proposals; prepare packages, presentations, etc.
- Liaise with potential donors to identify alignments and targeted approaches for support
- Research prospective supporters, and participate in prospect identification meetings
- Ensure that all contacts with major and leadership donors and prospect are tracked
- Develop and support cultivation and stewardship events for major and/or leadership donors
- A minimum of three years of fundraising experience, including a proven track record with measurable results in major or leadership giving
- A solid background in fundraising methodologies and best practices
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Effectiveness in building, nurturing and leveraging strong relationships with donors, volunteers, staff, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Commitment to the core values, cause and communities served by Wellspring
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset
- A University/College Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CFRE designation preferred, and /or affiliation with AFP, AHP, CGAP
Please send cover letter and CV with “Major and Leadership Giving Officer” in the subject line to:
Eva Thurlow at email@example.com