Posted On: 2018-10-03
Closing On: 2018-10-15
Employment Type: Full-Time
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
We are looking for two experienced Prospect Development Officer’s to join our innovative team! These two brand new positions were added to our team to change how typical prospect research is performed in an advancement setting. Focus will be on providing timely insight on prospects, providing actionable strategies and pathways to improve engagement with potentially new and existing donors, and enhanced monitoring of the prospect pipeline to ensure that the division is optimizing its efforts with prospects.
The Prospect Development Officers will work in partnership with Development and Alumni Engagement staff to support outreach activities and to ensure that each front-facing staff member has a superb and well-evaluated pipeline of donors and prospects. This role is also unique as it provides the incumbent with the opportunity to conduct discovery calls to move the prospect identification process from one that is centered solely on the surfacing of publicly available information, to a format where the prospect is engaged to discover and confirm potential interests in Ryerson University. Similarly, this new role also provides the incumbent with an opportunity to perform other outreach activities related to the preparation and submission of proposals to foundations and other organizations.
- Provides advancement research services for Ryerson initiatives including: completing research projects, wealth indicators and brief biographies.
- Builds engagement capacity through proactive prospect identification and pipeline management activities. This includes prospecting projects, monitoring and advising on trends and opportunities, partnering with Development staff to provide curated advice on donors, and monitoring prospect management to ensure optimized performance.
- Mobilizes donor/volunteer engagement through outreach and discovery opportunities including; conducting discovery calls on newly surfaced prospects to further identify their interests in Ryerson University and to complete proposal submissions to funders.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in prospect development including outreach to prospects and advancement research and analysis to support fundraising programs. Experience in a fundraising, development, academic, non-profit, or corporate environment is required.
- Experience conducting discovery calls and actively engaging prospects, donors and/or volunteers over the phone, email and in-person for proactive identification.
- Experience conducting advancement research and analysis, pipeline management and providing advice to support a fundraising campaign.
- Innovative methods of prospect development and resourcefulness.
- Commitment to providing excellent client service, maintaining relationships and collaborating with the team, students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Excellent prospecting skills and ability to surface leads and ideas.
- Experience creating and submitting foundation proposals is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic to work independently and collaborate in a team.
- Knowledge of various prospecting strategies and how to execute them.
- Exercises excellent judgment and tact when providing advice and insight to clients.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to adapt and embrace change as business priorities change.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing as a first step in the evaluation process prior to being granted an interview.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can only be accepted online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page by clicking on ‘Apply Now’: https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/public/external_view.cfm?post_id=187619