Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries? Are you confident that you can be part of a high performing team focused on the development and growth of a newly launched and high-potential mid-tier giving fundraising program?
Are you passionate about building relationships with donors? Are you a self-starter with an interest in stewardship and engagement? Have you had success connecting with individuals in person and over the phone or email? Are you a trusted colleague with a collaborative working style and an ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders?
The Associate is an integral member of the Philanthropy team and will have an opportunity to influence and execute part the team’s strategy to grow revenue and ignite the movement as part of our overall organizational strategy: 20 Million Reasons.
Working collaboratively with a team of strategic fundraisers, you will be responsible for building a loyal and engaged base of prospects for the organization’s major gift pipeline. You will be the first point of contact for a large cohort of individuals with a focus on cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of gifts ranging from $5,000 - $19,999 annually.
We are looking for a candidate that can bring a thoughtful approach to donor relations combined with the ability to problem solve and manage up when necessary. Our successful candidate will be knowledgeable about the donor cycle and moves management techniques.
What does success look like?
- Implements solicitation, stewardship, cultivation, and recognition plans in coordination with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy; tailoring all donor communications to provide a customized and rewarding donor experience;
- Manages and reports on a fundraising portfolio of approximately 250-300 mid-tier prospects and donors, inspiring stakeholders to become further engaged and increase their donations;
- Conducts discovery calls targeting existing donors with the potential and interest to increase their giving and/or engagement;
- Contributes to prospect identification activities and the development of a robust major gifts pipeline, including relationship building with key major gifts staff for seamless donor transition;
- Assists with giving club initiatives, events and special occasions as needed.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- University degree and 1 – 3 years’ experience in fundraising or related work;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated professional presence and manner, including a strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent organizational and research skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effective communication skills – written, oral, and face to face presentation;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal-driven environment;
- Expertise in a CRM database (i.e. Blackbaud), and Windows Office Suite.
Why a career with Plan?
A career with Plan International Canada offers individuals a meaningful experience that drives professional development and a rewarding opportunity to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in promoting child rights to end child poverty. Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest International NGOs in the world, creator of the award winning “Because I am a Girl” global movement, working to end gender inequality and promote girls’ rights? Are you excited about playing an important role in determining the future of millions of children and families globally?
Employees at Plan International Canada’s National Office strive to make a difference in the lives of children and their families through sustainable, child-focused community development.
Joining our dynamic team of experts and specialists can change your life too!
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a diverse, dynamic, high-performing team, each Plan employee is driven to learn, valued for their contribution and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We are proud of our award winning corporate culture validated by our Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice award for 2015 and 2016 and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures since 2012.
Join our high performing team and change your career…change the world!
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International’s global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Plan Canada’s Toronto and Ottawa-based offices undertake fundraising, donor engagement and public outreach initiatives that support programs that are implemented in more than 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan has a dedicated staff of over 200 employees whose role is to support quality programming in the areas of health, education, water and sanitation, economic security, gender equity, child protection and participation, and humanitarian assistance.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2018. Please reference Associate, Philanthropy in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan