Posted On: 2018-10-22
Closing On: 2018-11-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
Community Living Toronto, one of the largest agencies of its kind in North America, is a dynamic innovative organization committed to a vision of promoting a welcoming community. As a leader in the field, Community Living Toronto offers supports to over 6,000 individuals within an intellectual disability as well as support to their families, including residential and day support, assistance with employment, community support, early childhood services and respite.
A University Degree or Community College Diploma in Fundraising, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline. A minimum three years’ experience in the following areas: prospect research and proposal development, corporate sponsorship acquisition and retention, major gift and grant tracking, report writing, recognition and stewardship activities. Professional or volunteer experience in the not-for-profit sector, more specifically in the areas of developmental services or social services. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Foundation Search, Big Database and other prospect research tools.
The Fundraising Coordinator – Major Gifts and Grants is responsible for a variety of activities with major responsibilities focusing around major gift prospect research and proposal development, sponsorship acquisition and retention, and donor recognition and stewardship activities.
This position is responsible for:
- Prospect Research and Proposal Development – Foundations, Major Gifts and Event Sponsors.
- Evaluate organizational and departmental needs to effectively research and identify funding opportunities from existing or new sources funding sources.
- Maintain and update gift records outlining proposal application deadlines and action plans.
- Steward and recognize funders and sponsors according to funding agreements and in collaboration with the Fundraising Coordinator – Events and Stewardship as part of overall recognition and stewardship planning.
- Tracks budgets, expenses, notes and actions for reporting.
- Supports planned giving program efforts through the development of relationships with outside consultants and organizations.
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Careers@cltoronto.ca
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING #E18-119
When required, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request. We thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Toronto; however only applicants with the necessary qualifications, experience and education will be contacted for an interview.