Posted On: 2018-10-22
Closing On: 2018-11-09
Location: Welland, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Development/Campaign Director the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts is responsible for ensuring success in the Foundation’s Major Gifts Program. The Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts will be responsible for advancing the mission of Niagara Health Foundation by fostering strong relationships with friends, and donors, and will generate philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations by managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Manages portfolio of major gift prospects through the donor cycle utilizing principles of relationship-management, and personally conducts a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects on a yearly basis to secure donors and funds.
- Assists in the development and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects in adherence with “best call strategy”. This involves personally soliciting prospects for major and planned gifts (both outright and deferred), as well as providing the strategy and support for others to solicit prospects to maximize the opportunities for fundraising success.
- Works in collaboration with the Major Gifts team and Foundation staff to set goals and develop plans.
- Moves top prospects through the donor cycle. This involves preparation of strategies and briefing notes for calls and completion of call follow-up.
- Works closely with other areas of the Foundation to develop donor relations plans and to maximize major and leadership gift opportunities.
- Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts team and the Foundation.
- Ensures that all donors in the portfolio are recognized according to the donor recognition vehicles within Niagara Health Foundation for Niagara Health.
Administration and Technology
- Ensures timely and accurate maintenance of all gift, solicitation and donor information in Raiser’s Edge database including tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, and stewardship.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or College diploma in business or equivalent major gift experience.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive relationship building experience in a fundraising environment.
- Capital Campaign experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, research, communications and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Strategic Thinker, Attention to Detail and Strong Program Management Skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Niagara Health Foundation.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation affecting charities, and charitable status.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest by Friday, November 9, 2018 to: Carrie.Zeffiro@niagarahealth.on.ca
We regret that only those candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted personally. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Niagara Health Foundation.