Posted On: 2018-10-24
Closing On: 2018-12-03
Location: King City, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Offering - Chief Advancement Officer
Shrine of Our Lady of Grace, King City, Ontario, Canada
The Order of St. Augustine in Canada has managed a parish and shrine at Marylake in King City, Ontario for almost sixty years. The Marylake Shrine is the primary foundation of the Augustinians in Canada.
We seek to hire the first advancement director in the history of the Shrine. This individual will be a key player in the conceptualization, development, and management of a long-term, comprehensive advancement strategy and plan for the Marylake Shrine, and the thousands of families and individuals it exists to serve. We invite you to apply if you think that your background, experience, and credentials fits these requirements.
Attributes of the Best Candidates:
- Strong affinity for an Augustinian Catholic mission with a devotion to Mary,
- High integrity,
- Strong work ethic,
- Outstanding communicator – verbally and orally,
- Ability to create a vision, an advancement strategy, and a plan and follow it through,
- Proven experience working in an environment where work is routinely evaluated and measured (benchmarks for performance).
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university,
- Proven track record in advancement, particularly in the areas of major gifts, strategy development, and board development (minimum 5 to 7 years),
- Experience in hiring and developing staff,
- Experience working with fundraising boards and major donors,
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases,
- Understanding of how social media is integrated in fundraising donor acquisition and retention.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive and commensurate with the experience and record of success. Submit cover letter and resume to Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2018. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are submitted.