Posted On: 2018-10-24
Closing On: 2018-11-09
Employment Type: Full-Time
West Park Healthcare Centre comes in where acute care leaves off, providing specialized rehabilitation for patients recovering from life-altering accidents, lung disease, amputation and spasticity – a debilitating symptom of stroke, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. West Park is Canada’s single largest provider of in-patient amputation rehab empowering patients with the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead productive and independent lives at home. Their busy prosthetic lab serves the greatest number of amputation patients in Ontario, rebuilding limbs to help patients reclaim their lives and realize their potential.
West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation works in partnership with the West Park Healthcare Centre to provide the support to expand programs and facilities, support clinical research and education and acquire new medical equipment. The next few years will be the most challenging in the Foundation’s history as it seeks to raise $80 million for the Get Your Life Back Campaign to support our shared vision of a new, state-of-the-art hospital where patients, referred to West Park from around the province, will be treated for complex continuing care and rehabilitation needs to get their lives back.
Foundation Operations Associate
The Foundation Operations Associate is responsible processing donations, entering donations into Raiser’s Edge (“RE”), issuing tax receipts and pledge reminders, answering the main telephone line, general administration office duties and employee attendance tracking.
- Process all donations received from all sources, ensure donation information is complete, prepare weekly bank deposit and enter donation information to the RE data base.
- Generate tax receipts and thank you letters and tribute/in memoriam cards for donations.
- Respond to donor inquiries - e.g. replacement tax receipts, change of address and general donor inquiries.
- Prepare pledge reminders to donors.
- Prepare weekly lottery ticket sales bank deposit and enter sales to the RE data base.
- Sell lottery tickets to purchasers who visit the Foundation office and who call the lottery ticket telephone line.
Finance & Audit Committee, annual audit financial statements
- Assist the VP Finance & Operations with the preparation of material for the meetings.
- Attend all Finance & Audit Committee meetings to record and prepare meeting minutes.
- Assist the VP Finance & Operations to prepare for the annual audit, including:
- Preparing draft statutory financial statements and supporting information requests from auditors.
- Fulfill reception duties.
- Answer the West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation’s main telephone line and route calls to Foundation staff.
- Ensure office supplies, particularly for printers/copier, are maintained and ordered when required.
- Track employee attendance.
Visa Card Reconciliation
- Prepare monthly online reconciliation of the corporate VISA purchase card.
Premises and office equipment repairs
- Communicate with Center Environmental Services when premises maintenance issues arise.
- Arrange for equipment repairs as required.
Other clerical and accounting duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Post-secondary related education
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge 7
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Submit your resume and cover letter to: FoundationJobsACCT@westpark.org
Please include ‘Operations Associate’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: November 9, 2018
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.