Posted On: 2018-10-30
Closing On: 2018-11-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto
Director of Development and Communications
MCC Toronto has long been at the forefront of shaping Canada’s values of human rights, diversity and inclusion. We advocate for freedom of religion, progressive change and healing the world. MCC Toronto is well positioned, well respected, and committed to continuing to be a prominent voice, a leader, and an effective advocate of social justice and human rights here in Toronto, in Canada, and around the world.
MCC Toronto is on the cusp of transformational change and we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic fundraiser and communications professional with a passion for social justice and an entrepreneurial spirit to help lead us to the next level of success.
You will be responsible for creating and executing a multi-faceted annual fundraising strategy that works to diversify our current annual revenue stream of $1,000,000 through innovative thinking and excellent stewardship practice. You will have experience in brand management and executing impactful communications strategies.
Reports to: Executive Director and works closely with the Senior Pastor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include developing and implementing:
- An annual fundraising strategy that produces the resources needed to support the vision and mission of MCC Toronto, and its public programs
- A strategic marketing plan that builds recognition for MCC Toronto’s vision & mission
- An exciting year-round stewardship program that ensures donors stay engaged and recognize the impact of their generosity
- A volunteer-led Stewardship Committee to implement the stewardship program
- Fund raising initiatives for special events, legacy/planned giving, major gifts, grant proposals, corporate donations and sponsorships
- Effective impact-oriented communications to internal and external audiences using a mix of online and print mediums, including social media
Qualifications and competencies:
- Consistent record of personally securing gifts ranging from $1,000 to $100,000
- Proven commitment to social justice locally, nationally and/or internationally
- Minimum 7 years fundraising and communication experience in a nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated success leading and managing other fundraising and communication professionals, support staff and volunteers to achieve short and long-term goals
- CFRE or membership in AFP considered an asset
This is a full-time position. The compensation range is $75,000 to $95,000 commensurate with experience and negotiated work arrangements. Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.