Posted On: 2018-10-30
Closing On: 2018-11-09
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Advancement Officer, Gift & Estate Planning
Reports to: Manager, Gift & Estate Planning
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.2 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
•Heart and vascular
•High risk maternal and newborn
•Image guided brain therapies
The Advancement Officer, Gift & Estate Planning will, with the guidance and support of the Manager, Gift & Estate Planning, will independently manage and build a portfolio of engaged planned giving prospects and donors, to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for Sunnybrook priority projects and initiatives, while providing critical support to our volunteers and hospital partners. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative person who welcomes hospital partnership and engagement. The Advancement Officer, Gift & Estate Planning possesses strong organizational skills and strong follow through and will enjoy interacting with physicians, staff and grateful patients.
• Manage a portfolio of assigned planned giving prospects and donors through the donor life cycle
• Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit planned giving prospects at the annual and major gift levels;
• Maintain accuracy of all active donor files including all related donor record administration, briefing notes, and contact reports
• Work with Hospital stakeholders to understand programmatic content, strategic priorities and initiatives and directly contribute to securing philanthropic support
• Work with hospital staff and physicians to identify grateful patients and build prospective planned giving donor pipeline
• Effectively steward planned giving donors to ensure long-term commitment to Sunnybrook through the Kilgour Legacy Society;
• Build and maintain relationships with allied professionals
• When appropriate, work closely with other teams to assist with the strategic development and execution of cultivation and stewardship events and/or marketing initiatives to maximize donor engagement and advancement opportunities
• Work with Manager, Gift & Estate Planning to achieve annual performance metrics and financial targets
Skills and abilities required:
• Experience developing planned giving strategies and execution including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• Proven ability to work well with a wide range of constituents, including volunteers, donors, allied professionals and program staff
• Demonstrated knowledge of gift transactions involving complex assets and gift vehicles: life insurance, retirement funds, charitable trusts etc.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analysis, political navigation and professionalism
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
• Ability to function as a member of a team to fulfill the team's responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Minimum college or university degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in planned giving with direct donor and/or volunteer contact
• Membership in good standing with the Canadian Association of Gift Planners
• Knowledge of Raiser's Edge an asset
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite software including Word, Excel, and Power Point
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
The posting closes on November 9th and resumes should be submitted to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca