Posted On: 2018-11-02
Closing On: 2018-11-16
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Michael’s Hospital takes on the toughest cases. Anywhere.
Our physicians, surgeons, scientists and staff are relentless in taking on some of the world’s most intractable health challenges. At St. Michael’s, our health-care teams have a unique attitude. They never say no. They never give up. No matter the problem, St. Michael’s looks for a way to solve it.
St. Michael’s Foundation is leading the way in helping the hospital break new ground in kidney transplantation, neonatal care, multiple sclerosis, and cardiac and neuro innovation.
It’s thanks to our die-hard donors and champions – who go to the wall for St. Michael’s, day in and day out – that St. Michael’s can continue to develop revolutionary approaches to patient care and to conduct research that changing how diseases are treated and future generations of doctors and scientists are educated.
The Digital Fundraising Officer is an integral part of the Annual & Leadership Giving team. The primary responsibility of this role is to support in the development and execute digital fundraising strategies to acquire, cultivate, steward and retain donor support though integrated fundraising campaigns that are in line with the Foundation’s strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with the Manager, Direct Response, Manager, Special Events executes digital fundraising strategies as part of a fully integrated direct response program to drive one-time, monthly, peer 2 peer donor revenues through various online channels
- Provide ongoing optimization of online channels to raise revenues and increase donor engagement; including but not limited to, search engine optimization, digital media, social media, email and peer 2 peer strategies
- Support in the development of effective peer-to-peer and DIY fundraising platforms
- Develop strategies to drive lead generation, donor acquisition, and retention initiatives
- Work with external and internal partners to execute digital fundraising campaigns to ensure timely delivery of campaigns.
- Work in close collaboration with Communications team to develop digital creative that is in line with foundation’s brand
- Analyze and report on campaign analytics, conversions and results to inform future strategies and plans
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure integration of overall business goals and strategies to increase donor engagement and cultivation.
- Works as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Acts as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Operates within the culture and core values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred - or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in executing digital marketing campaigns ideally within a health-related charitable organization
- Demonstrated digital marketing experience and strong knowledge of principles and best practices
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work with external vendors and partners
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analytics including the ability to analyze online donor trends
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Advance proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with industry online fundraising platforms and CRM systems (such as Luminate Online, Frontsteam, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.