Posted On: 2018-11-05
Closing On: 2018-11-23
Effective: December 3, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: November 23, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
Reporting to VP, Philanthropy, Development Officer, Individual and Foundation Giving is responsible for execution of the organization’s mid-level $5,000- $24,999 donor fundraising strategy and is accountable toward a personal revenue target commensurate with their experience and portfolio, contributing to the overall annual development team goal. The Development Officer will have strong organizational skills and excellent follow through and will enjoy interacting with donors and staff. A key member of the Development Department, this role will provide:
- Manage and grow a portfolio of current and prospective mid-level donors throughout full gift cycle. Responsible for managing relationships and implementing strategies to cultivate, secure and steward donors.
- Manage face-to-face donor/prospect meetings to generate increased giving for Luminato.
- Lead and implement an effective donor stewardship program.
- Build a pipeline of new foundation funding sources both national and international through effective research, cultivate new institutional partnerships and relationships, and strengthen existing relationships with current foundation funders.
- Oversee donor pipeline program. Emphasis will be on securing a significant number of new gifts and gift upgrades through a strategic approach to personal cultivation and solicitation.
- Maintain detailed records of contacts with donors, prospects and volunteers in the database.
- Involve senior assigned volunteers in donor cultivation and solicitation strategies and provide on-going support to volunteers.
- Work as part of the overall Development team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals.
- Working with VP Philanthropy, actively participate in the development of strategies of all major donors and implement high quality best-practices.
- Monitor giving trends and devise on-going strategies to successfully build strong relations.
- Assist in team goal setting and expense management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires evening and weekend hours especially during peak festival period.
Donor Stewardship and Communications
- Write and edit written materials including customized proposals to individuals and foundations, cases for support, program descriptions, briefs, stewardship reports and other donor communications.
- Assist with writing customized proposals to corporations and public funders.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications department in preparing materials for Annual report, website and other donor communications.
- Assist with donor stewardship and festival events.
- Demonstrated effective relationship building, networking and listening skills.
- Passion for philanthropy.
- Demonstrated exceptional writing skills.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in securing gifts.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite of products and a donor database.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and priorities of Luminato.
- Ability to align donor interests with approved funding priorities/case for support.
- Excellent organizational, communications (verbal/written) and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to multi-task and set priorities with a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Ability to work with flexibility including evening and weekend donor engagements.
- Strong sense of commitment and accountability for the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Knowledge of performing arts scene is an asset.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in major gifts fundraising with director donor and/or volunteer contact
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) or working towards it an asset.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to Luminato’s online application portal by 5pm on November 16, 2018.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.