Are you the next great member of our team?
Are you an enthusiastic, self-aware person with strong relationship building skills? Do you consider yourself a persuasive communicator and genuinely curious about other people? Are you organized and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of men, women and children every day?
If you said yes, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
As a key member of the Major Gifts team, the Charitable Giving Advisor, Major Gifts is a self-directed, results-oriented front line development professional with a passion for building meaningful relationships. You will be responsible for developing tailored strategies to gain/enhance the financial support and involvement of donors and prospects capable of making annual gifts of $10,000+. You will work with PRHC Foundation’s Major Gifts team to identify and qualify prospective donors, cultivate long-term relationships and directly solicit donations at the major gift level.
Who are we?
We’re the PRHC Foundation and supporting outstanding patient care at Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) has been our purpose, promise and passion for almost 40 years. As PRHC’s fundraising partner, we work with donors from across our region to fund the equipment and technology that form the backbone of world-class patient care at our hospital, bring new lifesaving services to our region, and help attract and retain the best and the brightest healthcare professionals.
PRHC is a state-of-the-art regional hospital located in Peterborough, Ontario – a 90-minute drive northeast of Toronto. Opened in 2008, PRHC has a capacity of 494 beds and one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the province. The Health Centre offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care and vascular surgery. Regional programs serve a population of up to 600,000 people from across Peterborough and Peterborough County, the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland counties, and the Region of Durham. PRHC is also the area’s largest employer with more than 2,400 staff, 370 physicians with privileges, and 600 volunteers.
Donor investment has helped to determine the standard of care received by hundreds of thousands of patients, bridging the gap between adequate and excellent healthcare. Together, we’ve raised more than $45 million for PRHC in the last 10 years alone to support the costs of medical equipment, capital projects, patient programs and staff education.
Our healthcare professionals have the talent and the ambition. Our hospital has the vision, the will and the facilities needed to bring the best, most innovative procedures to our hospital. All they need now are the tools. That’s where the Foundation – and you – come in. Join our team and help us equip PRHC’s expert healthcare professionals with the tools they need to deliver world-class care where and when it’s needed most.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field combined with annual program or planned giving experience, plus 3 years’ experience in major gifts, preferably in a hospital setting. Equivalent experience in a related field such as sales and marketing, communications, financial services or other may be considered.
- CFRE is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to meet revenue targets
- Proven experience working with senior-level volunteers
- Experience with The Raisers Edge an asset
- Experience in planned giving methodologies an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required for regional travel
Major Gift Fundraising and Relationship Management
- Work closely with development colleagues, physicians and volunteers to develop and implement strategies to secure financial support for approved fundraising initiatives. Including identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects (i.e. individuals, corporations, foundations of $10,000 or more)
- Build and manage a portfolio of 125 donors and prospects ensuring that solicitation and meaningful cultivation/stewardship is undertaken with these donors on an annual basis
- Achieve 400 donor and prospect moves annually, with a focus on achieving 20 face-to-face visits per month directed toward achievement of the annual goal
- Create an individual goal and cultivation plan for each prospect in your portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential. Diligently execute that plan so that assigned individuals are retained and upgraded
- Achieve agreed upon annual revenue goals, detailed each year in the Annual Operating Plan and approved by the PRHC Foundation’s CEO and Board of Directors
- Collaborate and provide input and support for existing Major Gift program strategic cultivation events
- Provide donor stewardship through personalizing impact reports and organizing hospital “behind the scenes” tours in addition to fulfilling stewardship plans as set forth for major donors
- Collaborate and provide input and support for existing Major Gift program strategic stewardship events
- Maintain accurate constituent and tracking records in The Raiser’s Edge database through call report entry in the database
- Participate in and leverage donor stewardship events
- Develop a sound knowledge of the Peterborough Regional Health Centre, its programs, achievements and history
- Develop persuasive written proposals for major gift prospects/donors
- Collaborate and provide strategic input for communications supporting the Major Gift program including “Lakes” advertising, social channels and website
- Work with Major Gifts and Communications teams to secure appropriate capital research and project information from the health centre
- Prepare and deliver presentations to inform and inspire support
- Assist with speaking at donor related events
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Continue to build knowledge and understanding of best practices in major gift fundraising, donor relations, the changing expectations of donors, and trends in philanthropy
- Report on personal portfolio and fundraising efforts through team meetings and use of The Raiser’s Edge reporting
This is a full-time permanent, salaried position which requires some evening and weekend work to achieve success.
How to apply:
- Resume with cover letter should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Please cite the position title in the subject line of your email
- Deadline for application is Friday, November 23, 2019.
Thank you for your interest! Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.