Are you the next great member of our team?
Are you a positive, enthusiastic person with excellent social skills? Do you consider yourself a strong, persuasive writer? Are you organized and able to juggle multiple priorities? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of men, women and children every day?
If you said yes, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
The Communications & Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for coordinating/executing a variety of communications, events, fundraising and stewardship activities for the PRHC Foundation’s Annual and Major Gifts programs.
This role directly supports our team’s ability to achieve our annual fundraising and operating goals. As a versatile communicator, you'll bring a range of excellent verbal and written communications skills, event management and fundraising methodology/experience to our efforts. The successful candidate will have a background that demonstrates an ability to write persuasively, and will ideally possesses a basic knowledge of graphic design/desktop publishing, online/digital fundraising principles, and event coordination.
As one of the first people with whom visitors to our Foundation will interact, this individual is warm, enthusiastic and engaging with strong social skills. They are a self-directed, organized, detail-oriented, positive person who is able to juggle multiple priorities, and who excels and thrives in environment where activities and results are measured
Who are we?
We’re the PRHC Foundation and supporting outstanding patient care at Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) has been our purpose, promise and passion for almost 40 years. As PRHC’s fundraising partner, we work with donors from across our region to fund the equipment and technology that form the backbone of world-class patient care at our hospital, bring new lifesaving services to our region, and help attract and retain the best and the brightest healthcare professionals.
PRHC is a state-of-the-art regional hospital located in Peterborough, Ontario – a 90-minute drive northeast of Toronto. Opened in 2008, PRHC has a capacity of 494 beds and one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the province. The Health Centre offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care and vascular surgery. Regional programs serve a population of up to 600,000 people from across Peterborough and Peterborough County, the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland counties, and the Region of Durham. PRHC is also the area’s largest employer with more than 2,400 staff, 370 physicians with privileges, and 600 volunteers.
Donor investment has helped to determine the standard of care received by hundreds of thousands of patients, bridging the gap between adequate and excellent healthcare. Together, we’ve raised more than $45 million for PRHC in the last 10 years alone to support the costs of medical equipment, capital projects, patient programs and staff education.
Our healthcare professionals have the talent and the ambition. Our hospital has the vision, the will and the facilities needed to bring the best, most innovative procedures to our hospital. All they need now are the tools. That’s where the Foundation – and you – come in. Join our team and help us equip PRHC’s expert healthcare professionals with the tools they need to deliver world-class care where and when it’s needed most.
- Minimum three years’ experience in fundraising communications (with focus on persuasive writing) and/or fundraising equivalent
- Proven experience and success in project/program management and strategic multi-tasking
- Basic graphic design skills/experience an asset
- Experience in online fundraising strategy and communications, and/or knowledge of online giving best practices and trends, an asset
- Minimum college diploma or equivalent experience
- Provide persuasive writing/editing support for Foundation donor materials including equipment descriptions, proposals, speaking notes, presentations, stewardship reports, and donor letters
- Plan, monitor, produce and track PRHC Foundation’s social media/social influencing engagement strategy and content in partnership with fundraising team
- Coordinate, create content for, and maintain PRHC Foundation website
- Coordinate testimonial library
- Prepare and oversee e-newsletter/e-fundraising campaigns for annual fundraising, events and social campaigns
- Coordinate creation/design of non-digital internal/external promotional and stewardship materials
- Coordinate creation/approval of strategic briefing notes supporting Annual/Major Gifts team communications, advertising, event & donor relations efforts
- Assist with execution of PRHC Foundation signature, community, Major Gifts and donor stewardship events, and cause marketing/business development partnerships
- Assist with event promotion and sponsorship coordination/fulfilment
- Assist with planning, execution, logistics and sponsorship fulfilment for cause marketing/business development partnerships
- Coordinate and create online giving pages for events, social campaigns and direct mail appeals
- Provide backup to reception
- Assist with fundraising queries/reporting, information gathering for benchmarking/analysis purposes as required
- Coordinate information used to report on impact to donors, assist with equipment/priority research as required
- Support Annual/Major Gifts fundraising teams by updating donor records and logging research information, preparing donor visit briefing notes and reports, preparing agendas and taking minutes, as required
- Manage/assist with donor room recognition/dedications as required
- Complete special assignments for President & CEO
- Full-time, permanent position
- Evenings or weekends for event attendance and/or related donor engagement activity will be required and will be covered by our flex-time policy which allows staff to take equivalent time off
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
How to apply:
- Resume with cover letter should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please cite the position title in the subject line of your email
- Deadline for application is Friday, November 23, 2019.
Thank you for your interest! Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.