The Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for building and sustaining fundraising success by identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift donors and matching donors to CHF partner priorities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Proactively use prospect identification, research and qualification processes to generate major gift prospects and grow major gift success.
- Manage, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward assigned prospects to support a culture of donors who are connected, valued and informed.
- Champion the goals of the leadership and major gift revenue generation plans, with a focus on philanthropy, participation and engagement of a variety of constituent groups.
- Develop and execute an annual work plan in consultation with Foundation leadership staff, ensuring that objectives are achieved.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute personalized solicitation activities with donors, partners and community constituents in a sophisticated and effective manner.
- Develop proposals for individual, corporate and foundation prospects and current donors.
- Prepare prospect gift expectancies spreadsheets for prospect review and analysis and monitor developments in your prospects.
- Co-ordinate personal visits and solicitations, and conduct face-to-face meetings with donors, utilizing Foundation volunteers or senior leaders, where appropriate.
Support strategic fundraising events that cultivate, steward, and celebrate giving to the Foundation.
Understand the ongoing priorities and culture of Foundation partners and develop strong relationships with partner personnel to advance fundraising initiatives and success.
Develop meaningful recognition and stewardship programs for assigned donors, in alignment with Foundation stewardship practices.
- A visible and positive champion for Children’s Health Foundation in our region, attends networking and other community events to represent the Foundation and identify new opportunities for engagement.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of post-secondary program in fundraising, marketing, non-profit management, public relations or related field.
- 3-5 years fundraising experience for a charity, preferably securing major gifts and and/or personal solicitation of gifts.
- Experience working with community volunteers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Recognized as an outgoing, enthusiastic, confident, professional with a warm disposition and strong interpersonal skills.
Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car.
Cellphone usage is required.
The nature of the work is such that evening, and some weekend work is required for attendance at Foundation events on approval of the supervisor.
A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a confidential letter of application and resume to email@example.com by November 21, 2018. Please quote “Philanthropy Officer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.