Posted On: 2018-11-08
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: VP, Donor Marketing
Location: Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries?
The Acquisition Director is responsible for leading a high-performing team to meet, and ideally exceed, key performance indicators (i.e. revenue, recurring gift acquisition, retention, etc.) within approved cost efficiencies.
They will provide strategic direction and oversee the successful execution of the organizational acquisition strategy. Working collaboratively with strategic partners, they will look for innovative ways to diversify and grow our channel mix leading to quality donor acquisition, while aligning with programmatic priorities and master brand guidelines.
What does success look like?
- Lead a dynamic team of fundraising professionals with significant emphasis on: face-to-face, telemarketing and the development of lead generation strategies. Considerable intersection with digital subject matter experts internally and externally (prospect journeys, new channel exploration, e-mail, etc.)
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans/innovative strategies to acquire new quality donors, grow revenue, and find cost efficiencies
- Manage the successful execution of integrated direct response marketing and fundraising initiatives including: agency briefings, media targeting, creative production, tracking & post analysis
- Strong spirit of collaboration with internal/external partners (donor experience, agency partners, etc.) leading to a holistic and integrated channel strategy
- Identify, test and scale new fundraising channels to reach high potential target audiences to meet/exceed growth and efficiency targets using research insights (i.e. market segmentation personas, etc.)
- Maintain positive and productive acquisition agency relationships for a sustainable long-term program growth/viability
- Work closely with the Donor Experience, Donor Care, and Child Operations teams to ensure delivery of the donor promise at point of sale and through new donor onboarding, while promoting compelling and relevant offers to the target audience
- Work closely with our internal partners to ensure the efficient use of internal resources, alignment with programmatic priorities, and ultimately considering what is best for the larger organization and the children we work to serve
- Strong collaboration with the Communications team to leverage national campaigns/movements that engage new Canadians, and support in meeting revenue targets.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (Business/Marketing major preferred) or equivalent professional experience
- Proven track record of marketing direct to consumer in either corporate or not for profit sector (preferably both)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrable success managing complex acquisition programs including direct dialogue (face to face) with an understanding of how to integrate with digital channels
- Strong analytical, project management, budget and organizational skills
- Extensive experience negotiating and building strong relationships with external vendors that lead to short term goals and long-term stability
- Excellent people skills and a desire to take on a high-profile role within the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through
- Proven record of people management, mentorship and leadership
- Strong marketing and brand communication skills
- Proven focus on customer experience
- Resourcefulness, innovation and creativity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated strategic focus, execution and implementation for results
- Bilingualism (English/ French) is considered an asset
- A strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International’s organizational values
Why a career with Plan International Canada?
Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest not for profit organizations in the world? Are you excited about playing an important role in positively impacting the future of millions of children and families globally?
Plan International Canada is a member of a global organization dedicated to advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are calling on all Canadians to Defy Normal: to take a stand anywhere children are oppressed, exploited or left behind and girls aren’t equally valued. Together, we can create a world where all unleash their full potential.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are active in more than 70 countries.
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Join our high performing, diverse team and change your career…positively impact the world! Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please reference Acquisition Director in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!