Posted On: 2018-11-08
Closing On: 2018-11-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Junior Achievement of Central Ontario
We inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. We teach students how to start businesses that create jobs. JA programs teach entrepreneurial values that strengthen workplaces and teach skills to generate wealth, and manage it. We believe in the boundless potential of young people. We share their passion for excellence, respect their talents and creativity, celebrate their honesty and integrity, harness their desire for collaboration and create opportunities for hands on learning. Over the past year, and with the support of over 4,006 volunteers, JA Central Ontario impacted 57,694 students and delivered 2,250 programs.
The Manager, Resource Development is a pivotal role within the revenue team at JA Central Ontario. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounts the successful candidate will manage a portfolio of approximately 30 accounts representing $500,000 in revenue. This position is responsible for driving all revenue targets associated with JA Central Ontario’s fundraising and student events. In addition, the Manager, Resource Development is responsible for supporting the team in securing new partnerships.
As a Manager, Resource Development you will:
- Manage a portfolio of up to 30 corporate accounts achieving revenue & program delivery targets
- Manage all aspects of your assigned portfolio. This includes securing annual funding, recruiting & training volunteers and providing outstanding stewardship to your assigned suite of corporate accounts.
- Drive the acquisition of new corporate partners and sponsors
- In collaboration with the revenue team, achieve revenue targets associated with JA Central Ontario’s fundraising and student educational events
- Write proposals for funding and event sponsorships
- Prepare and deliver presentations to corporate partners as required & lead partner meetings
- Maintain quantitative and qualitative partner data in JA Central Ontario’s CRM platform and effectively manage your sales pipeline
- Proactively deepen relationships within existing account base; Create opportunities to develop new senior level relationships, engage members of JA Central Ontario Boards to assist in volunteer commitment, revenue growth & program deliveries.
- Enhance the JA experience for our corporate partners, volunteers, teachers and students
- Volunteer in a classroom teaching at minimum one JA program per year and visit one Company Program, JA Central Ontario’s flagship entrepreneurial program
- Support the Director, Corporate Accounts with additional initiatives and projects as required
- Attend after hours events as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a fundraiser/sales person. A blend of corporate and not-for profit experience is ideal
- Demonstrated success managing an existing group of corporate accounts, developing and maintaining relationships within accounts & growing a revenue base
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to manage and analyze financial performance of your portfolio.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Experience presenting to large groups of volunteers and students
- A disciplined approach to work, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities with ease
- Exceptional team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal. Experience writing proposals for funding and sponsorships.
- Proficiency in technology (Windows Office Suite, CRM system such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge)
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Other responsibilities as required
You’ll love this job if you:
- Can envision inspiring volunteers to change the lives of students
- Excel stewarding top organizations within the GTA and surrounding areas
- Embrace growing revenue within existing corporate partnerships and prospect for new partners
- Enjoy working in the downtown core with a team of fast paced, highly motivated individuals focused on fulfilling the JA mission.
Please apply by forwarding a copy of your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate for this role to email@example.com with Manager, Resource Development in the subject heading.
Deadline for applying is Friday, November 30, 2018.