Posted On: 2018-11-26
Closing On: 2018-12-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with an Administrative Assistant.
We are seeking (for a mat leave coverage) an administrative professional with exceptional organizational, communication and computer skills; who is able to multi-task; and who is motivated to use his or her unique set of skills to support the mandate of Mackenzie Health Foundation. Reporting to Director Advancement, the Administrative Assistant, Special Events is responsible for providing general assistant duties for the assigned Department team. This includes word processing, filing, answering and placing phone calls, meeting preparation, maintaining files, data entry and management (eg financial processing, budgetary tracking).
- Provides administrative and project support to the portfolio team members, and to any associated committees as required.
- Under the direction from the Director and the Event Coordinators, assists team members in the development and execution of plans for special, third party and stewardship events in alignment with Foundation strategic and business plans.
- Coordinates meetings (e.g. committees, sponsorships, event logistical) including preparation and distribution of all materials required, scheduling venues, accurate minute taking, maintaining records and other administrative tasks.
- Assists in creating brochures, newsletters, online and social media communication contents.
- Under the direction of the Director and Coordinators, maintains financial or statistical reports and summaries either from source documents or database programs.
- Provides assistance to the team and Event Coordinators in coordinating event volunteers.
- Updates the database with “moves” and correct RE records.
- Under the direction of the Director, provides support to the Campaign, Major Gift, Stewardship and Annual portfolios in the planning and execution of donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing administrative support in an office environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an event environment preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with an ability to manage time effectively.
- Experience working with donors, volunteers and volunteer committees/boards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating meetings, preparing materials and taking meeting minutes.
- Self-motivated and reliable with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate sound judgment in determining appropriate course of action quickly (including when to escalate issues for resolution).
- Ability to work independently and positively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills displaying confidence in dealing with sensitive issues while interacting with donors.
- Ability to learn and apply new fundraising information taking advantage of market opportunities.
- Aptitude for dealing professionally with a broad cross-section of donors and Hospital and Foundation representatives.
- Under direction, provides direction to volunteer resources as required.
- Aptitude for computers and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and the Internet.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with social media.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve optimal results.
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate, and resolve issues in a professional and tactful manner.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated patience and effective listening skills in support of understanding the needs of others.
- Adaptable with an ability to be positive and flexible.
- Possesses a team attitude to work with internal and external constituencies and a good sense of humor.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by clicking on the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1879/administrative-assistant%2c-special-events/job.