Posted On: 2018-11-26
Closing On: 2018-12-26
Location: Scarborough, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Scarborough Health Network (SHN), formerly Scarborough and Rouge Hospital, the patient experience comes first. With three hospital sites (Birchmount, General, and Centenary) and eight satellite sites, SHN provides a broad spectrum of health services to one of the most diverse communities in Canada.
To support SHN’s vision to become Canada’s leading teaching community health network – transforming the patient experience, Scarborough Health Network Foundation is about to embark on a $100 million capital campaign and is seeking an energized and well-rounded fundraising professional to join our team as a Senior Development Officer. This role will work with our Chinese Philanthropic Council and key stakeholders in the community to build philanthropic support while working towards advancing the Foundation’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, with a dotted line to the Manager, Community Development, the scope of this role includes fostering strong relationships with members from our diverse community and will generate philanthropic support from individuals and corporations.
The SDO will manage and develop a portfolio of identified relationships, to optimize engagement with mid-level donations. Working closely with the Gift Planning and Community Development Teams, and selected volunteers, the SDO will bring experience and success to inform cultivation strategies that raise sights, meet annual performance goals, and stretch targets, as appropriate.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Manages a portfolio of major gift prospects through the donor cycle utilizing principles of relationship-management;
- Assists in the development and implementation of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects both mid level and principle gifts;
- Moves top prospects through the donor cycle by managing selected volunteers. This involves support and preparation of strategies to solicit prospects to maximize the opportunities for fundraising success; including briefing notes for calls and completion of call follow-up;
- Works closely with other areas of SHN Foundation to develop donor relations plans and to maximize major and leadership gift opportunities;
- Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Gift Planning team and the Foundation;
- Works in collaboration with the Gift Planning team and Foundation staff to set goals and develop plans;
- Participates on relevant committees within the community;
- Occasional evening or weekend assignments may be required;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Community College diploma or University degree;
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in fundraising at a senior level;
- Experience managing a donor pipeline and prioritizing Major Gifts;
- Proficiency working in Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module or similar CRM Database;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function independently, and as a team member in a fast paced, demanding environment;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors and volunteers;
- Strong PC skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook);
- Demonstrated values consistent with SRH´s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation;
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards;
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community;
- Excellent work performance and attendance.
- Foundation-related experience and knowledge of the health care sector;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
SHNF offers a culture that fosters Compassion, Inclusiveness, Courageousness and Innovation. We embrace and celebrate our community´s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHNF is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Interested candidates can apply by e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.shnfoundation.ca for more info.