Posted On: 2018-11-27
Closing On: 2018-12-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ernestine's Women's Shelter is an organization run by women that provides support and shelter for women, youth and children experiencing violence. Within a solidarity model, Ernestine's acknowledges the multitude of issues facing survivors of abuse and provides crisis intervention and a range of holistic services through a feminist and ARAO lens.
Reporting to the Manager of Development and Engagement, this position will develop and steward relationships with foundations and corporations to achieve revenue goals, promoting the integration of awareness, advocacy and fundraising. In this role, you will be responsible for all the activities related to donors’ communication.
Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter is looking for a proven fundraiser who is enthusiastic, bright and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Research and identify new prospects;
- Develop written materials, case for support, direct mail, correspondence, program descriptions, briefs, stewardship reports and other donor communications;
- Plan, monitor, produce and track social media engagement strategy;
- Manage and develop content for website;
- Provide occasional support to other Development team members;
- Attend and provide support at events;
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a related field: fundraising, communications;
- At least three years of experience in fundraising and communications;
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in securing gifts;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM system;
- The ability to multi-task and set priorities with a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
What We Offer:
Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter offers meaningful opportunities to make a positive impact on women and children fleeing violence. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, caring and inclusive. In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can truly make a difference every day.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, in a single PDF file to email@example.com. Please provide salary expectations in your cover letter.
This posting will remain active until 5 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018.
Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented women from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We have an Accommodation Policy and accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their needs known to us.