Posted On: 2018-11-27
Closing On: 2018-12-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
World Vision Canada (WVC) journeys with donors and partners to become joyful, generous supporters while working with internal and external partners to execute an impactful marketing strategy. The Philanthropy Advisor, Corporate Engagement, Strategic Fundraising Initiatives, prospects and works with current and prospective corporate partners across Canada to deepen their engagement with World Vision’s mission. The role requires growth within a corporate customer base in the $10-$100k range while supporting senior leadership in opportunity management for customers whose support exceeds $100K+. This role will report to the National Manager, Strategic Fundraising Initiatives, and will be an integral part of the Philanthropy Team within the larger Vision Partners team.
• Executes the Corporate Engagement Strategy for the National Strategic Fundraising Initiatives team to meet annually. Establishes fiscal goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) in major gift fundraising, corporate sponsorship (cash and gifts or services in kind) and cause marketing.
• Continually improves, develops and educates oneself and WVC staff and teams involved with corporate engagement to identify and implement best practices in research, qualifying, prospecting, cultivation, acquisition, fulfillment and stewardship.
• Serves on the Corporate Engagement Working Group and otherwise actively coordinates WVC departments and staff toward implementation of the integrated strategy and compliance with its operational imperatives.
• Actively owns and cultivates a portfolio of customers and through various channels as defined by the corporate customer journey with the goal of growing revenues and engagement.
• Grows corporate partners’ engagement and contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships and understanding each partner’s place in their spiritual journey, alignment of their interests and goals with those of World Vision, the issues they care about, and their resource capacity.
• Ignites passion for philanthropy inside and outside of WVC.
• Communicates effectively, meaningfully and in an individualized way with partners through personal meetings, phone calls, emails, letters, proposals, reports, and stewardship updates; ensures communications adhere to WVC brand guidelines.
• Creatively identifies and shares knowledge on prospecting potential customers.
• Works with internal and external teams to research and qualify prospects consistent with due diligence requirements, corporate engagement protocols, and risk management efforts within WVC and its offices around the globe.
• Works closely with the Prospecting team to use customer data and insights to build plans for customer engagement and asks, uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to analyze and input data from corporate partners and donors.
• Works closely with select senior leadership team members to develop the strategy and support with execution around $100K+ customer cultivation.
• Proactively works with Brand & Creative Solutions to build donor proposals; presents the proposals to donors in the most compelling and effective manner.
• Proactively identifies, pursues and cultivates prospects within the corporate segment through attending events, leveraging business networks, and identifying influencers.
• Engages with customers through events, trips to the field working with the WVC Travel team, and other experiential and interactive activities.
• Works closely with the Stewardship team to ensure that partners are stewarded effectively to maximize retention and achieve overall revenue targets.
• Works with Legal and/or Finance teams to ensure timely and accurate processing of contributions, tax receipts and reporting (where required).
• Actively develops an influencing presence in the community including speaking at leadership fundraising events (e.g. the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Canadian Association of Gift Planners), conferences and webinars.
• Ensure that all processes and procedures relative to corporate partnerships are compliant with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations and directives, with Imagine Canada requirements and with directives of WVC’s legal department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly relational and engaging, with ability to quickly and effectively establish trust and confidence of prospects.
• Superior communicator across written and verbal communication platforms.
• Strategic thinker with developed ability to assess opportunities and risks, both situationally and with regard to broader trends.
• Ability to develop creative solutions to align partner’s interests, needs and goals with that of WVC to achieve mutual gains.
• Highly adept at managing multiple projects, tracking progress and providing clear reporting, and prioritizing among competing imperatives to work most effectively toward revenue goals.
• Highly collaborative in a large organizational environment, with the ability to sensitively navigate within a diverse workplace and customer base.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of fundraising, business development and/or sales experience in a customer-centred organization or business.
• Demonstrated passion for humanitarian or community development work.
• Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales or fundraising performance metrics.
• Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills.
• Highly skilled in developing and delivering persuasive business cases and proposals both written and orally.
• Eager to learn and expand skillset.
• Skilled in speaking in a variety of contexts and across diverse audiences.
• Leadership understanding of CRA charitable tax compliance.
• Adept and strategic with CRM systems, data and analytics.
• Achieved or ability to achieve Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation within one year of employment.
• Participate in events outside the regular workday as required, including evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Travel within Ontario and to major cities in Canada will be required.
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018.