Posted On: 2018-11-27
Closing On: 2019-02-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
As Canada’s largest national health charity, we fund the most promising cancer research, champion cancer prevention efforts and deliver programs and services that benefit Canadians affected by cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working towards a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
To learn more about us, visit www.cancer.ca.
The Account Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships will maintain a portfolio of corporate partners as well as support the Manager(s) with the management of large partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of partnerships, including event or property sponsorships, cause marketing campaigns and independent fundraising events
Support the Managers in the development and maintenance of corporate partnerships:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to develop and maintain relations with key corporate partners and prospects through planning and implementation of cultivation and stewardship strategies
- Assist in providing guidance to Community Managers across Ontario
- Provide event logistics support for corporate sponsors of CCS signature properties
- Assist the Managers in executing a plan for employee engagement at the national level
- Assist the Managers in executing Philanthropic strategy
- Other projects as assigned
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, as well as take every precaution reasonable to protect the health and safety of staff and volunteers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Related post-secondary education and/or equivalent combination of education and related experience in a non-profit organization.
- Two or more years fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising acquired through experience in business and/or the voluntary sector.
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and manage competing priorities in a high-volume, and results oriented environment.
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to communicate at all levels with confidence.
- Exceptional time/project management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience in a complex, diverse, not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset or other Customer Relationship Management software.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, some travel may be required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to the Careers page to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by February 15, 2019.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.