Posted On: 2018-11-28
Closing On: 2018-12-14
Effective: January 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) showcases art, culture and nature from around the world and across the ages. Among the top 10 cultural institutions in North America, Canada’s largest and most comprehensive museum is home to a world-class collection of 13 million artworks, cultural objects and natural history specimens, featured in 40 gallery and exhibition spaces.
The office of the ROM Governors is responsible for all philanthropic activities in support of the Museum’s highest priorities. Its work enables the ROM to better serve its diverse and ever-changing community, by fostering long-term sustainable relationships of exceptional value both to the institution and its donors.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Manager, Annual and Digital Fundraising will grow the ROM’s annual gift revenue and volume by leading integrated campaigns for philanthropic single and monthly gifts, leveraging existing strong telemarketing and increasing digital and e-solicitations. The incumbent will be a direct response fundraiser and digital tactician that can conceive, create and implement engaging digital campaigns as well as provide support to online and off-line revenue-generating activities in patron programs and donor circles.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving and Donor Circles within the Philanthropy portfolio, and working in close collaboration with colleagues in Donor Engagement, this role is embedded in an active fundraising team. A ground-breaking opportunity awaits someone wishing to inspire donors, patrons, and prospects to support the ROM through various forms of digital engagement currently primarily through e-communications, with potential for new onsite and other digital media.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Lead integrated annual campaigns for philanthropic single and monthly gifts, leveraging existing strong telemarketing and increasing digital. This includes the creation of donor journey and engagement plans for each campaign, leadership on segmentation; comprehensive budgeting, tracking and reporting; collaborating with colleagues in operations, marketing and database management to execute smooth and successful campaigns.
2. Conceive, develop and implement targeted digital fundraising campaigns. Leverage digital platforms utilized by ROM Governors (Raisin, MailChimp, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, etc.) and make the case for new platforms to support innovative campaigns; in collaboration with the Digital Engagement Manager, seek to maximize efficiencies, minimize costs, and ensure that fundraising strategy is imbued with digital best practice and rigour around reporting impact; collaborate with Marketing and Communications to strategize on best use of ROM activities, content, website and social media channels in support of annual campaigns.
3. Contribute to the strategy for digital donor engagement across all fundraising programs with a particular emphasis on increased efficiencies and capacity that result from using online processes to support donor engagement, working in tandem with Revenue Program leadership and in collaboration with Marketing and Communications.
4. Manage the annual donor renewal process; prompt and trigger the donor circle renewals process; leverage digital channels to optimize existing processes for renewals, lapsed reactivations and acquisition campaigns.
5. Plan and lead the online donor experience: Ensure the effective and accurate execution, testing, analysis and measurement of all digital fundraising activities of the ROM Governors, including donor data capture, data migration, reporting and analysis capabilities across all digital fundraising channels.
JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
1. Minimum three years’ experience in a direct fundraising role; experience in a campaign environment is an asset.
2. University degree and study in a relevant field e.g. Fundraising, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver comprehensive digital fundraising campaigns that have generated new and renewing support from a growing donor base.
4. Technical expertise in Drupal, MailChimp and Raisin is strongly desired. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
5. Demonstrated strategic thinking, creative problem-solving and planning combined with exceptional organizational and project management skills.
6. Ability to work well with diverse groups of people, including fundraising and program staff; able to build understanding and buy-in for new initiatives and process changes.
7. Expertise in reporting with a commitment to continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate online data, insights, trends and best practices.
Reports to: Director, Annual Giving & Donor Circles
Starting Date: January 2019
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL December 14, 2018. PLEASE SEND TO:
Linda Knox, Senior Human Resources Advisor, Royal Ontario Museum Governors Office, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6; Fax: 416-586-5827; (preferred) by email: email@example.com – please include Manager, Annual and Digital Fundraising in the subject line.
The ROM Governors Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The ROM Governors wishes to thank all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ROM Governors is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.