Posted On: 2018-11-28
Closing On: 2019-01-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Macaulay Child Development Centre is a leader in child and family–centred services. They deliver a distinct continuum of services that include: licensed child care, EarlyOn centres, family support and education, homework clubs, special needs services and preschool speech & language intervention.
Founded in 1932, the Macaulay Child Development Centre has built a reputation as an innovator that partners with families and community to unlock the potential of children, especially those most at risk.
Macaulay’s 265-strong team helps make a difference for more than 7,000 children and youth each year.
The next Executive Director of Macaulay Child Development Centre will lead an organization that has grown rapidly and is recognized and respected for its programs in the social services sector among funders and the communities it serves. It is poised to make an even greater impact in the community in the years ahead, with the right alignment of responsibilities, operational processes, and strategy. The Board will look to the next ED to take the organization to the next level while retaining its passion for programs and advocacy that make a difference for children and families within their communities.
The next ED will lead a staff complement who are proud to be part of Macaulay’s mission, and enjoy a respectful and peaceful working environment. A talented and experienced Senior Management Team collaborates with the ED in decisions to expand and maintain programs, services and the physical presence of the organization in the community.
- Minimum 8 years in senior management
- 5-10 years working in, or in an area that supports, child care/development
- Previous experience in managing a large and diverse work force of similar size and scope
- Previous experience in budget planning and monitoring budgets equivalent to Macaulay’s
- Experience working with a governing Board of Directors
- Experience in not-for-profit organization
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of services for children and families such as child care, early child development, special needs, etc.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Recognized leader in child care and development
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Knowledge/capacity in the area of fundraising
- Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking and strategic planning
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak well in public forums
- Experience in advocacy
- Team player that can work with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and network with key stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of the structure of government offices supporting child development and care
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- BA or higher in an area of study applicable to the role or a combination of education and experience in the field
- Masters level education in a relevant field (i.e. MA/MBA/MEd/MSW) or equivalent experience is an asset
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Macaulay Child Development Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By January 7, 2019 please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/executive-director-55/.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.