Posted On: 2018-11-29
Closing On: 2018-12-31
Location: Toronto, ON - Bloor and Dufferin
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Safehaven Project for Community Living (Safehaven) is a charitable organization that provides high-quality, family-centred and community-based residential and respite care for individuals with complex care needs. For over 25 years, we have served almost 200 families every year, through our five locations across the Greater Toronto Area. Our residential and respite care programs provide round-the-clock care, 365 days a year, for a wide-range of individuals including those living with cerebral palsy, genetic and seizure disorders, vision loss, and hearing impairment. Our unique placement in the community allows us to enrich the lives of families and their children through integrated community programs, accessible aquatic therapy, pet therapy, snoezelen multi-sensory therapy, accessible field trips and so much more.
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW
The Development Officer role is a full-time position within the Philanthropy and Communications department of the organization. Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy and Communications, the Development Officer will be responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the team and support operationalization of the organization‘s Philanthropy and Communications plan. The successful will have fundraising experience, excellent organisation and communication skills and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects.
With a high level of enthusiasm, the incumbent is eager to contribute to an inspiring organization that makes significant impact within our community. The incumbent will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with a “solutions-focused” attitude. Inspired to contribute, and ready to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, the individual must be passionately inspired by our mission.
The Development Officer will deliver on a broad range of duties including:
- Supports the team in the implementation of the annual business plan aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities and approved fiscal budget.
- Researches, develops and submits funding proposals and grants to maintain funding as well secure new sources of revenue.
- Supports the growth and execution of third party events, and assists with those events.
- Solicits donations and event sponsorships at amounts up to $10,000 from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Maintain donor engagement through robust stewardship of existing donors.
- Develops the donor pipeline through research.
- Identifies prospects aligned with various revenue streams such as individuals, sponsorships and corporate etc.
- Prepare timely and research-based donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship materials including briefing notes and call reports.
Database management and Reporting:
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the CRM database, including data entry, donor reports, and timely acknowledgements for donations received, and correct tax receipting.
- Maintains donor listings, respecting the recognition preferences of individual donors and supporters.
- Systematically tracks donor obligations and ensuring they are fulfilled.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive, professional, productive work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Reinforce a professional and customer service oriented culture that supports community engagement.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and model behavior that encourages a mutually supportive team environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ fundraising experience in the charitable/non-profit sector.
- Three year post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation or willingness to work toward is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious fundraising goals.
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple varied projects.
- Experience working with CRM databases.
- Flexible and adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional polish, outgoing personality, and ability to build relationships easily.
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Some after-hours work will be required.
- Work may take place across the multiple sites of The Safehaven.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on Safehaven, we invite you to visit our website at www.safehaven.to
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.