Posted On: 2018-11-29
Closing On: 2018-12-17
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open Position: Director, Development & Marketing
The Director, Development & Marketing will take Matthew House’ solid fundraising foundation to the next level by providing strategic leadership for, and oversight of, philanthropic and sponsorship activities, marketing and communications efforts that will enable the organization to have an even greater impact on sheltering and resettling refugees in Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Director, s/he will build, manage, mentor their team while developing strategic and integrated short and long-term strategies supported by detailed budgets, identified measurable targets and performance goals. The incumbent will be a key member of the management team and the Development Committee of the board of directors.
- Drive brand awareness of Matthew House and our current fundraising priorities within the community, and supporting giving across all revenue streams.
- Advance the Compelling Case for Support and collateral for all revenue generating campaigns.
- Demonstrate the relevance of Matthew House as a leader in inspiring hope, restoring dignity, and empowering independence for refugee claimants to attract philanthropic affiliation, and
- Apply proven cost-effective and results-driven marketing approaches to all fundraising channels.
Resource Development and Donor Relations
- Working alongside the Executive Director, manage, deploy and evaluate a comprehensive annual and multi-year fundraising strategy, work plans and tactics to elevate the organization’s fundraising by identifying, cultivating, securing and stewarding individual, corporate and foundation donors and sponsors. Key areas of focus are:
- Major gifts.
- Planned and annual giving programs.
- Grant writing.
- Fundraising events.
- Develop standards, procedures, and conventions for data and database use to ensure that proper documentation, procedures and policies are maintained for data integrity and the protection of private information and data.
- Oversee fundraising event activities, leveraging these events for both fundraising and donor relations purposes.
- Oversee the maintenance of the fundraising database(s) including ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the database and the protection of personal information.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop, manage, deploy and evaluate an integrated marketing communications strategy, work plans and tactics to create awareness of Matthew House of the issues surrounding asylum claimants and refugees in general in the city and nationally.
- Develop and implement a range of communications and marketing activities to increase awareness and understanding of Matthew House.
- Develop and implement the media relations program.
Management and Other Related Duties as Assigned
- University degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years+ previous experience in a similar fundraising position.
- CFRE certification (preferred) or similar fundraising certification.
Our ideal candidate will have built, managed and mentored teams, developed strategic, and integrated marketing communication plans supported with detailed budgets, identified measurable targets and performance goals. A deep understanding of digital and social media as vehicles for branding and fundraising is a must.
All applications must be submitted by Monday, December 17 at 5pm to Karen Francis at: email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.