Job Posting Coordinator, Donor Experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Reporting: Reports to Associate Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship
Location: Toronto, ON
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of youth and Canadians living in poverty? Do you enjoy making an impact and working with fast-paced, high-performing teams? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
Our Resource Development team is seeking a passionate, proactive fundraising professional who is excited by the thought of contributing to the fundraising success of Pathways to Education and finds joy in providing a meaningful donor experience.
A critical member of the Resource Development team, the Coordinator will support the delivery of donor stewardship with excellence, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, working collaboratively across individual and corporate fundraising teams, and effectively managing work back plans.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in multiple aspects of fundraising, including: donor engagement planning, program tours, cultivation dinners and receptions, student/alumni thank you phone calls and videos, donor volunteer opportunities, and impact reporting.
The successful candidate will have exceptional project coordination skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. Initiative, a sense of diplomacy, and a positive outlook are all definite assets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate the facilitation of various engagement opportunities including donor meetings, program tours, and donor receptions, and support the delivery of Pathways’ signature fundraising event, Grad Ball;
- Work closely with the Corporate Philanthropy team to execute integrated partnership plans and deliverables such as recognition opportunities, employee fundraising and awareness initiatives, lunch and learns, mentoring opportunities, career fairs, and writing impact reports;
- Support the Individual Philanthropy team in providing an unparalleled donor experience for individual donors and foundations through the development and implementation of processes, procedures and work back plans;
- Support the development and delivery of stewardship and recognition opportunities for the Graduation Nation Council, an exclusive group of our most dedicated supporters;
- Maintain a stewardship tracking process to ensure Pathways is fulfilling our obligations and creating the best donor experience possible, including: maintaining a calendar of upcoming stewardship touchpoints, and reviewing and tracking specific actions for major gifts/pledges to deliver accurate and appropriate stewardship;
- Work closely with the marketing and communications, alumni, and programs teams to provide opportunities for donors to connect and engage more closely with Pathways students and alumni via the collection of program specific information for reports and engagement/volunteer opportunities.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in a fundraising environment;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent project coordination skills and an exacting attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communicator with the ability to provide information in a concise, easily understood manner - proposal and report writing experience is an asset;
- Experience with event coordination and planning, liaising with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to conduct prospect research is an asset, particularly as it relates to guest profiles;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and manage multiple projects in a high volume, results-oriented environment;
- An understanding and commitment to fundraising ethics and donor privacy;
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Luminate; and,
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as events dictate.
To apply, candidates should email a resume and cover letter outlining their interest and fit with the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org December 14, 2018.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.