Posted On: 2018-12-05
Closing On: 2018-12-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Camp Oochigeas is a privately funded, volunteer-based organization that provides kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences. Since 1984, ‘Ooch’ has been providing magical camp experiences to thousands of children affected by childhood cancer. Camp Oochigeas provides on-site chemotherapy and blood work to our camper population during their stay at our 400-acre facility in Muskoka, ON. The Camp also provides year-round programming at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and other pediatric oncology centres across Ontario as well as for children living in the community. Camp Oochigeas has experienced strong strategic growth in the last few years and is offering increased programming in order to better serve our community.
The Senior Development Coordinator, Events is accountable for the cultivation and implementation of fund development plans in order that Camp Oochigeas achieves its long and short-term strategic fund development goals. These accountabilities achieve the following:
- The Development Department’s vision to advance the profile of Camp Oochigeas to donors, prospects and other stakeholders to inspire ongoing commitment and ensure sufficient resources to meet the organizations current and future needs, and
- Camp Oochigeas’ mission of providing kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
- The fostering of a donor-centered attitude and culture of philanthropy and donor relationship management throughout the organization in order to maximize fund development opportunities.
- Participation in signature, partnership and community events including, but not limited to Sporting Life 10k (SL10K), Gala, and community and partnership events.
Reports to: Director, Community & Annual Giving
Start Date: January 2019
End Date: February 2010
A. Planning & Development (10%)
- Participate as a member of the Development team in the development, execution and monitoring of short and long-term plans designed to meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Contribute to creating and implementing the annual Sporting Life 10k in Ottawa, the Ooch Muskoka Gala, R2//NYC cycling event and other large scale partnership events consistent with the goals for strategic revenue growth of Camp Oochigeas.
- Monitor fund development trends and make recommendations to maximize fund revenue.
- Track and report on fundraising efforts and recommend improvement in processing and reporting.
- Ensure accurate, efficient data entry of donor information and ensure the integrity of the information systems.
- Represent Camp Oochigeas at meetings and events to support fund development and stewardship initiatives.
- Carries out other duties required to fulfill the mission of Camp Oochigeas.
B. Sporting Life 10k Ottawa Partnership Event (45%)
- Identify, recruit and steward new individual fundraisers, corporate, school, camper family teams for the Sporting Life 10k Ottawa so that the annual fundraising and participation targets for the Sporting Life 10k Ottawa are achieved.
- Support the prospecting, cultivation and stewardship of sponsors for the SL10K Ottawa.
- Provide specialized support to SL10K Ottawa Corporate Team captains and Camper Family fundraisers (e.g. increased communications, presentations to engage teams, and be the dedicated staff member for support) with the objective of increasing fundraised dollars.
- In collaboration with the Signature & Partnership Events and the Marketing & Communications teams, work to promote the SL10K Toronto and Ottawa in the media and through social media and collateral/fundraising materials.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the Camp Ooch activation for the SL10K Ottawa run kit pick up and run.
C. Ooch Muskoka Gala (35%)
- Lead logistics planning and execution for the Ooch Muskoka Gala in collaboration with the external event production company and an internal cross-functional committee.
- Develop and manage the event critical path and other resources to support the event logistics.
- Work in collaboration with the Coordinator, Events to manage the volunteers needed to execute the Gala
D. Signature & Partnership Events (10%)
- In collaboration with the Director, Community & Annual Giving manage applicable volunteer committees that support the sales and execution of select signature and partnership events.
- Support the execution of R2//NYC events in collaboration with the Signature & Partnership Event team.
- Support the planning and execution of new and existing signature and partnership events.
Help ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all programs are consistent with Camp Oochigeas’ mission, operating principles and objectives and adhere to the Association of Gift Planners, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events works closely with the Director, Community & Annual Giving and other members of the Development team.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events works collaboratively with the Finance & Corporate Services Department on the fund development database and online giving platform for events.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events works collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events works collaboratively with the other members of the Event team on signature and partnerships events.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events works collaboratively with all staff of the organization.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising with an emphasis on large-scale participant based event organization.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising and/or event organizing or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, donors, fundraisers and volunteers.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in variety of situations.
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with senior level volunteers.
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and adhering to a budget and business plan.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Experience using CRM donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience advantageous).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Current driver’s license and insurability.
- Current police reference check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Ability to travel to US.
- An understanding of the power of camp.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines.
- Experience using Race Roster and Engaging Networks fundraising platforms.
Well organized with proven planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities, results and relationship focused, enthusiastic, personable with exceptional interpersonal skills, adaptable, diplomatic, attention to detail, able to work in an open-concept office environment and sense of fiscal responsibility.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time; continuous computer activity; ability to lift up to 30lbs.
Particular Working Conditions
- In consideration of the population Ooch serves, Camp Oochigeas is a non-smoking environment.
- The position involves considerable evening and weekend commitments and some travel through Ontario and potentially USA.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to the Human Resources Department