Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is seeking a full-time Fundraiser, who will be responsible for the agency’s fundraising programs with the aim of raising the profile of the agency and enhancing income streams. This includes the development, implementation, management and evaluation of a comprehensive plan and approach to fundraising and new business development programs. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Management team and the Board of Directors.
- Assist the senior management team in developing and implementing fundraising strategies.
- Develop and implement an overarching, comprehensive fundraising plan in collaboration with the senior management and in consultation with ‘the Board’ that includes strategies for achieving a range of public and private sector revenue-raising efforts with short, medium and long-term goals and targets.
- Maintain appropriate donor relations with existing corporate partners, sponsors, local business supporters, and loyal patrons.
- Identify, research, attract, and secure new sponsors and partners and patrons; develop and implement philanthropic-giving programs and campaigns.
- Create, manage and coordinate all fundraising programs of the agency.
- Develop fundraising materials including proposals, grant applications, presentation decks, reports, acknowledgements and donor reports.
- Identification of sources and preparation of proposals to government, corporations, foundations and private granting agencies.
- Planning, management and execution of annual fundraising events including development and solicitation of sponsorship, coordination and management of logistics.
- Develop in consultation with the Executive Director and ‘‘the Board’ a comprehensive marketing plan incorporating strategies and targets for all CCS programs, including effective ways of improving the agency visibility , enhancing its profile, presence and reputation within the settlement sector.
- Develop and implement innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to build donor loyalty, improve retention and increase the size of the donor database.
- Manage and deliver all fundraising strategies within approved budgets.
- Manage and deliver the design, production, print, and distribution of all CCS marketing and fundraising related materials.
- Keep up to date with current fundraising and social trends, current events and political changes by participating in professional organizations, reading newspapers, trade journals, CRA guidelines and updates and networking with business organizations.
- Maintain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
- Conceptualize strategies and develop models of accountability for the fund development budget. Manage budget, gauging whether or not targets will be met. Includes assessment of the big picture as well as day to day financial results.
- The minimum required is post-secondary education in Marketing, Business, Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing, public relations and fundraising. CFRE designation is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies, pursuing and maximizing new support and fund raising opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans, particularly for non-profit organization, and in the development, management and distribution of print and online marketing collateral and communication tools.
- Demonstrated experience in developing pitches and proposals to secure partnerships and sponsorships, to attract philanthropic-giving, and in preparing of funding proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and evaluating promotional events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation, relationship management, communication, and negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide spectrum of stakeholders and personality types.
- Solutions oriented with a customer service orientation and the ability to proactively identify and manage challenges.
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationship and work in a collaborative environment.
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results.
- Proven data management and analysis skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products, Income Manager Enterprise database, expertise in using the internet as a resource tool.
- Ability to creatively identify options to meet marketing/fundraising needs.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car is an asset.
- A clear, mandatory criminal check must be presented before starting position.
- Ability to work in any of CCS’s multi-site locations in Toronto and Peel regions.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: To be discussed, plus benefits (after completion of the required probationary period)
Hours of work: Minimum 35 hrs per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Please submit resume with cover letter quoting file quoting file #T302 Fundraiser to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled.
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.