Posted On: 2018-12-12
Closing On: 2019-02-01
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a service-focused National Coordinator, Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. This position will support the field in the execution of core fundraising programs, including the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes, JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, Gala and Third Party events through the coordination and administration of national and local event elements.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the Peer-to-Peer Fundraising team with the implementation of event standards and data tracking of national core fundraising programs
- Records management of program files ensuring appropriate files are set-up and materials are kept up-to-date with accurate data
- Recording minutes for department and National Event/Program Conference Calls
- Working directly with field staff and suppliers to execute Walk and Ride logistics
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team to review Walk and Ride materials to ensure accuracy and adherence to sponsor requirements
- Assisting with Ride and Walk National Key Account coordination, including coordinating with Third Party vendors
- Overseeing inventory management and risk control of incentive prizes
- Leading the coordination of communication for Walk, Ride and Gala updates
- Reviewing and updating support tools and tracking Gala reports/metrics
- Coordinating, tracking and monitoring the application and agreement process for Third Party events
- Working with Finance and Regional field staff to ensure processes supporting Third Party events are being followed, in compliance with CRA guidelines and provide suggestions for improvement
- Acting as primary contact for Field inquiries for offline Third Party events
- Organizing event training by preparing presentations and training materials
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- College diploma, combined with 1-3 years’ experience in a national event coordination position
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset
- Previous experience working in a customer-focused role and coordinating training sessions or conferences
- Ability to work independently and reliably within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and a working familiarity with database programs
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and handle competing priorities
- Commitment to being customer-focused with both external and internal stakeholders
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.