Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Location: Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, 18-Month Contract (Parental Leave Cover)
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries?
Are you excited about stretch financial targets and managing multi-faceted partnerships with corporate groups and their key stakeholders? Are you ready to solicit, cultivate and deepen meaningful relationships with Plan International Canada’s supporters? Are you experienced in leading a team that supports research, writing and data-management processes required for successful fundraising across multiple channels?
Are you an experienced corporate fundraiser with strong track-record of developing relationships in the business sector? Have you had success working closely with large multinational corporations and building multi-market strategies? Do you excel in creative problem solving and process development? Are you a tactical thinker and able to help drive strategy through new ideas?
As an active, collaborative and key member of the Corporate Partnerships team, the Senior Manager plays an integral role in ensuring the success of Plan International Canada's fundraising activities as we move into a high growth $100 million campaign. Working alongside highly professional and skilled teammates, you will be responsible for identifying strategies to grow multi-faceted key partnerships with top corporations across Canada. By leading a portfolio, you will engage new donors through a strategic approach, while continuing to provide exceptional stewardship to our existing supporters.
What does success look like?
- Lead new business development within assigned corporate sectors, focused on developing and implementing multi-year plans for cultivating and soliciting support from corporations capable of making annual contributions of $100,000 or more.
- Create innovative approaches and tactics to provide best in class experiences for large scale businesses through extensive knowledge of cause-marketing, sponsorship, employee giving and corporate philanthropy.
- A candidate that is personable, creative, resourceful, flexible, intuitive and experienced in working with high performing teams.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal, written, relationship management and communication skills.
- Support the Executive Management team and senior volunteers in development of fundraising strategies, briefing materials, and meetings.
- Inspire external stakeholders through effective and accurate communication of Plan International’s fundraising priorities in line with the interests of donors and prospects.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in corporate stakeholders and cooperation among staff colleagues;
- A proven track record of fundraising with corporations or related experience in sales, marketing, business development or corporate account relations;
- Demonstrated professional experience managing people and providing coaching to support development;
- A strategic mindset with superior listening skills and the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of corporations and employee groups, translating them into attractive opportunities for investment in Plan International Canada’s priorities;
- An aptitude for creativity, with the ability to conceptualize new ideas;
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture;
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values with opportunities for domestic and international travel.
Why a career with Plan International Canada?
Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest not for profit organizations in the world? Are you excited about playing an important role in positively impacting the future of millions of children and families globally?
Plan International Canada is a member of a global organization dedicated to advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are calling on all Canadians to Defy Normal: to take a stand anywhere children are oppressed, exploited or left behind and girls aren’t equally valued. Together, we can create a world where all unleash their full potential.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are active in more than 70 countries.
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Join our high performing, diverse team and change your career…positively impact the world! Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please reference Senior Manager – Corporate Partnerships in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!