Posted On: 2018-12-14
Closing On: 2019-01-11
Employment Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Director of Advancement, Alumni
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (full-time) with occasional evening/weekend hours
Planning Strategy and Execution of Alumni Events as assigned
- Working closely with event-related volunteers to identify and plan activities attractive to each particular class in order to increase participant interest
- Co-ordinating all aspect of events incl. correspondence, publicity, administration, programming, registration and payment
- Handling on-site supervision of events
- Working closely with Facilities and Services Department and Food Services Department to ensure food, rooms and facilities are sufficient
- Ensuring overall attendee satisfaction to secure continued support of and participation in the University of St. Michael’s College community
Assisting with Alumni Communications
- Collaborating with a team to develop a progressive and vibrant communications portfolio for Alumni
- Assisting with the development of unique alumni content for print, web and social media
- Assisting with the planning and logistics of magazine production from inception to distribution
- Assisting with distribution of alumni communication vehicles including helping to maintain current subscriptions and tracking and documenting delivery in arbor
Provide support to the Alumni Board and to Committees as required
- Acting as the point of contact between the Alumni Board and Committees and the Alumni Office
- Supporting strategic decision-making by preparing statistical reports analyzing event participation rates, average donations, communication feedback, etc.
- Maintain accurate listings alumni volunteers including but not limited to the Alumni Board, Committee Members, Senate, Collegium, College of Electors, Friends of the Kelly, Lenten Retreat Planning Committee
- University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and success in the planning and execution of alumni events and communications.
- Knowledge of Arbor (Blackbaud) or an equivalent fundraising database.
- Strong event management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with thorough attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to establish priorities, plan and organize multiple events/communications with coinciding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Writing and editing capabilities, excellent oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience on social media platforms,
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates can learn more and apply here: https://stmikes.utoronto.ca/job/advancement-officer-prospect-management/
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-1300 ext. 7191 or email@example.com.