About Brampton Library
Working collaboratively with a team of 200+ staff overall, your unique skills and experience complement our future-forward approach to public library service. The work Brampton Library does is at the heart of Canada’s ninth largest and second fastest growing city.
With a median age of just 34.7, Brampton is a young, modern city with a well-developed economic base. Exciting and multicultural, people from around the world have come here to live, work and play. Representing more than 170 different cultures and speaking more than 70 languages, Brampton residents deeply value and respond to our free library services and programs. Together we are inspiring connections, in our branches and beyond.
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Job Term: Two (2) Years Contract to possible permanent role
Job ID: 51-2018
Pay Range: $82,976 to $98,781
Posting Status: Open
Closing Date: January 18, 2019
Are you are hands-on, self-motivated, with superior communication and organizational skills to get the job done within required timelines, please review the responsibilities below and to see if you are the right person to help our organization to grow and diversify its fund development program.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Fund Development Manager will build a robust culture, employing metrics and moves management techniques to track and secure gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. This role requires an innovative and strategic thinker who is flexible and excited by the opportunity to create, implement a growth strategy for the Brampton Library.
Please download the file for the full job description.
- Related University or College degree (Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration) preferred; various pertinent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset;
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of successful fund development experience within a related environment or non-profit environments
- Ability to work on complex integrated activities with competing deadlines
- Advanced computer knowledge of a full range of office software, database and internal applications
- Excellent written and oral communication and Relationship building skills
- Self-starter with initiative to find opportunities to enhance and grow the program
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License maintained in good standing, with access to a personal vehicle
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors and CEO to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Plan fund development activities by developing corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Manage fund development budget by monitoring expenses and analyzing budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Remains knowledgeable about the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and ensures compliance in the distribution of materials;
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What Brampton Library Can Offer You
- Two years to possible permanent role
- The opportunity to work with colleagues who are making a difference every day to improve the lives of millions of people
- Immediate access to generous benefits and OMERS pension
HOW TO APPLY
- All interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter indicating how they meet the qualifications to email@example.com quoting job posting #51-2018
- All offers of employment for this position will be conditional on Valid G driver’s license and Criminal Police Checks as required for Brampton Library.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- At Brampton Library, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve
- The Human Resources team would like to thank all individuals for applying; however, only selected applicants will be contacted to participate in the interview process. Due to volume, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. No phone calls or agencies please.
The Brampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; the Brampton Library will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.