Posted On: 2018-12-18
Closing On: 2019-01-18
Location: Vaughan, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Special Events Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the Special Events Officer is part of the Annual and Special Events Team, focusing on achieving the Special Events business plan. The Special Events Officer plays a critical role in the execution of signature events and securing sponsorship funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors and acting as an ambassador for Mackenzie Health Foundation. In addition, this role works cross-functionally supporting all Foundation portfolios to help achieve and advance the Foundation’s overall goals and objectives.
- Takes the lead or serves as the primary contact/support for assigned signature and some community events; and supports all fundraising activities.
- Is responsible for meeting both income and expenditure targets based on the business plan.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits/manages a portfolio of our key corporate partners and builds relationships to maximize support in the areas of revenue and in-kind support; responsible for a personal fundraising target.
- A degree or diploma in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 2-3 years proven and progressive signature events and sponsorship experience in a Foundation environment.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or healthcare environment is an asset.
- Proven experience tracking financials and maintaining reports.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously through demonstrated project management and administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and mange time effectively.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Self-motivated and reliable with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated patience and effective listening skills in support of understanding the needs of others.
- Experience working with donors, volunteers and volunteer committees/boards.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve optimal results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident presence in dealing with sensitive issues while interacting with donors.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate sound judgment in determining appropriate course of action quickly (including when to escalate issues for resolution).
- Aptitude for dealing professionally with a broad cross-section of donors, Hospital and Foundation representatives.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Proactive and able to anticipate, communicate and resolve issues in a professional and tactful manner.
- Ability to work independently and positively in a team environment with internal and external constituencies with a good sense of humor.
- Ability to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and the Internet with an ability to learn new systems quickly
- Familiarity with peer to peer fundraising platforms is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and proven experience working with social media.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours when required.
- A vehicle and driver’s license is required.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to appy by clicking on the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1943/special-events-officer/job
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.