Posted On: 2018-12-21
Closing On: 2019-02-01
Employment Type: Full-Time
NATIONAL MANAGER, STEWARDSHIP
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the world's top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions. This year, the Weizmann Institute was ranked 9th in an international ranking of over 800 research institutes. Last summer the Nature Index 2017 Innovation supplement, published by the journal Nature, ranked the Weizmann Institute of Science 6th in the international roster of the world’s top 200 research institutions. The index is a measure of how effectively basic research translates into commercial applications.
Noted for its wide-ranging exploration of the natural and exact sciences, the Institute is home to over 3000 scientists, students, technicians and supporting staff. Institute research efforts include the search for new ways of fighting disease and hunger, examining leading questions in mathematics and computer science, probing the physics of matter and the universe, creating novel materials and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
The mission of Weizmann Canada is twofold: to raise awareness and support for the Weizmann Institute of Science in order to maintain its standards of excellence; and, to promote science literacy. Weizmann Canada is a national organization with chapters in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and offices currently in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary.
The National Manager of Stewardship, under the direction of the Vice President, Operations oversees donor relations and stewardship for Weizmann Canada’s donors. The incumbent will work closely with the Development team as well as the National Manager of Communications and the National Manager of Events to oversee gift acceptance and acknowledgement, donor recognition, and donor engagement activities.
- Oversee the coordination of gift agreements, gift processing, and thank you letters for donors
- Ensure that all obligations outlined in donor agreements are fulfilled in a timely manner, and monitored and tracked in Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure gift acknowledgement and donor recognition are consistently reviewed and updated for best practices
- Use Raiser’s Edge to coordinate information to engage in meaningful donor relationships
- Work closely with the CEO and members of development team to develop and execute stewardship plans for major donors
- Liaise with staff at the Weizmann Institute of Science to ensure donors are recognized appropriately
- Collaborate with the National Manager, Communications on print and electronic communications to and about donors
- Write, edit, and manage the creation of compelling collateral for donor cultivation and stewardship, ensuring that donors receive professional and timely information regarding the impact of their philanthropy.
- Contribute story ideas and writing copy for publications, including newsletters and impact reports to donors
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of annual impact reports to donors
- Collaborate on donor recognition events with development team members and the National Manager of Events
- Develop strategies for stewardship of donor groups and collaborate with the Development, Communications and Events teams to execute
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in stewardship or similar position involving donor relations, strategic communications and/or fundraising.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in using Raiser’s Edge to create and maintain tools to accurately track donors and relationship building activities
- Experience using Mail Chimp or similar as a donor communication tool
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Possess strong listening, speaking, and writing skills, and be a proactive communicator
- Social media skills an asset
- Work well independently as well as part of a team that is geographically dispersed
- Energetic, self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Confidence, polish, and a high level of professionalism
- Possess discretion, tact, and judgment
The candidate will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events. There may be the occasional travel to one of our other offices in Canada.
Weizmann Canada offers a cause that has a world-wide impact on humanity; a great team and a collaborative work environment. We also offer a robust and competitive compensation package.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 1, 2019.