Posted On: 2018-12-27
Closing On: 2019-02-01
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the world's top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions. This year, the Weizmann Institute was ranked 9th in an international ranking of over 800 research institutes. Last summer the Nature Index 2017 Innovation supplement, published by the journal Nature, ranked the Weizmann Institute of Science 6th in the international roster of the world’s top 200 research institutions. The index is a measure of how effectively basic research translates into commercial applications.
Noted for its wide-ranging exploration of the natural and exact sciences, the Institute is home to over 3000 scientists, students, technicians and supporting staff. Institute research efforts include the search for new ways of fighting disease and hunger, examining leading questions in mathematics and computer science, probing the physics of matter and the universe, creating novel materials and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
The mission of Weizmann Canada is twofold: to raise awareness and support for the Weizmann Institute of Science in order to maintain its standards of excellence; and, to promote science literacy. Weizmann Canada is a national organization with chapters in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and offices currently in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary.
The National Manager of Research Services is responsible for the development and management of research services and programs to identify potential donors, providing business intelligence and strategic recommendations on potential and past donors to development team members. The National Manager of Research Services plays a crucial role in the refinement of the existing prospect management system and utilization of Raiser’s Edge by the team.
Prospect Research & Strategic Intelligence:
- Lead prospect identification efforts analyzing data to identify new prospects aligned with fundraising objectives
- Manage all research processes including prospect analysis and the preparation of research profiles on individuals, corporations and foundations
- Assist in the development of solicitation strategies and briefing notes as required
- Oversee the preparation of the daily Media Review (i.e. review of various national and local news sources daily to identify news of interest, actively tracking new business appointments, awards and honours – keeping up-to-date on business and political developments that may impact fundraising activities)
- Lead all prospect and pipeline management initiatives
- Prepare queries and exports in Raiser’s Edge and run Crystal Reports
- Organize and lead Moves Management meetings reviewing factors such as past giving patterns and corporate fiscal years to help schedule solicitations and develop strategy
- Support the development team in relation to prospect assignment and management systems
- Conduct comprehensive semi-annual portfolio reviews and provide recommendations
Database and Record Management:
- Act as the leader for database integrity and data entry on the team
- Investigate and analyze complex forms of information for the development of comprehensive reports to support development activities
- Maintain all major donor/prospect records
- Participate in the Raiser’s Edge working group
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s level degree in a relevant field, particularly Library Sciences or Information Management is ideal
- 3 – 5 years of fundraising, prospect management and research experience
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Donor/client database experience with Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports
- Experience in creating and maintaining tools to accurately track donors and relationship building activities
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Ability to ensure strict confidentiality in the handling of donor information
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, handle multiple responsibilities, set priorities and meet project deadlines
The candidate will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events. There may be the occasional travel to one of our other offices in Canada.
Weizmann Canada offers a cause that has a world-wide impact on humanity; a great team and a collaborative work environment. We also offer a robust and competitive compensation package.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 1st, 2018.