Posted On: 2019-01-08
Closing On: 2019-01-14
Employment Type: Contract
1. General Background
Reporting to the Assistant Fundraising Officer, PPH, the Senior PSP Assistant, PPH will be taking on all aspect of administrative support including but not limited to managing constituent records, updating and tracking contributions from corporations, foundations, HNWIs, major donor supporters and Planned Giving and Legacy accounts in a timely and accurate manner, using the moves management system.
Working on key PPH Canada accounts and major donor portfolio, the Senior PSP Assistant, PPH will cultivate and maintain donor relations with existing partners by undertaking various forms of stewardship. Additionally, the Senior PSP Assistant, PPH will organize donor visits, meetings and annual consultations with relevant existing and prospect PPH / major gift supporters, plus coordinate donor field missions when necessary. Acting as a back-up during the Assistant Fundraising Officer's absence will be a subsequent responsibility.
In 2019, PSP, PPH Canada will continue expanding its personnel to grow its network of financial corporate, foundation, HNWIs and major gift donors to hit the C$ 3 million + mark. Forms of donor care and donor engagement shall be undertaken to align with UNHCR Global PPH priorities and 2019- 2020 approved PSP Canada strategy. As such, a full-time Senior PSP Assistant, PPH will be required for the PSP Toronto office.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Senior PSP Assistant, PPH supports PSP Canada (PPH fundraising), by ensuring:
- Records, updates, manages and tracks contributions from PPH/major gift donors in donor database.
- Meets donor reporting deadlines and requirements, as per donor Partnership Agreements negotiated with UNHCR Canada.
- Arranges donor meetings and coordinates donor field missions, when necessary.
- Provides support to cultivate new PPH donors and direct response fundraising activities
- Works and maintains regular working business hours in PSP Toronto office to fulfill duties.
- Prepares standard forms, letters, proposal content for written funding submissions and donor pitch materials.
- Coordinates major donor direct response fundraising activities, such as direct mail and stewardship appeals; works on donor data-pulls for PPH fundraising activities.
- Drafts donor reporting components, as required.
- Provides timely support and prepares donor stewardship materials, including acknowledgement/thank you letters to PPH/major gift donors that are dispatched on time.
- Undertakes research and identifies prospect major donors and HNWIs in PSP Canada's donor database.
- Prepares and submits Due Diligence screening requests to CPH HQ.
- Works with Finance unit to record and enter PPH donations into MSRP and relevant tracking systems, plus advises CPH Finance unit of PPH donations received, including monthly earmarking table submissions to HQ. In addition to maintaining Leadership and Mid-Value (MV) revenue weekly tracking.
- Maintains meticulous records and documents all approaches to existing and prospect PPH/major gift donors, plus their outcomes in UNHCR's donor database.
- Implements and maintains filing system for all PPH/major gift donors (i.e. in e-safe, donor database and hard copy PPH donor documentation).
- Organizes donor visits, meetings and annual consultations with relevant existing and prospect PPH/major gift supporters and other key stakeholders; coordinates donor field missions.
- Provide support for coordinating PPH/MV events outside of QC and donor missions to the field; as well as reporting back on the event, documenting in database.
- Provide support with all Planned Giving activities including materials, ads, estate tracking and data management in Raiser's Edge.
- Undertakes additional tasks, as required by the Service.
- Prioritizes tasks.
- Manages PPH/major gift donor records in database with moves management system.
- Provides timely follow-ups on PPH/major donor information requests and other donor care related correspondence.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Contributes to PSP Canada's overall annual income target for corporate, foundation, HNWIs and major donors, as outlined in the annual fundraising plans and budgets.
- Tracks and reports on PPH and Mid-Value revenue and expenses on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Qualifications and Experience
a. Work Experience
A minimum of 6-10 years previous job experience relevant to the function in private sector fundraising or equivalent administrative experience, OR, 4-5 years of relevant work experience with post-secondary certificate/training in marketing, fundraising, communications, or a related field.
b. Key Competencies
- Fluent in English, communicates well with the general public, is customer service-oriented.
- Experience in developing and stewarding relationships with corporations, foundations and major donors in a
- non-profit organization.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Has a strong aptitude for numbers.
- Knowledge and experience working with fundraising donor databases, particularly Raisers Edge.
- Can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Reliability. Maintains consistent working business hours at PSP Toronto office to perform duties.
- Interest and understanding of humanitarian issues.
- Experience working for international nonprofit organizations is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN (specifically UNHCR) procedures would be a strong asset.
- Fluency in French or another UN language.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CANTO/VN/PSP/V/013–Senior PSP Assistant” in the subject line.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE