Posted On: 2019-01-08
Closing On: 2019-01-22
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls, boasting a dynamic and close-knit community of approximately 460 students from Grade 1 to 12. With 100% acceptance to top universities across Canada and around the world, our girls have the confidence to pursue their dreams and know that they can be successful.
Although rooted in tradition, St. Clement’s School is uniquely innovative and creative, dedicated to fostering curiosity in our girls; uncovering and enhancing their passions; and giving them the courage to try new things.
Our staff, just as our students, are passionate about their work and dedicated to creating and fostering a unique and nurturing environment. Located a short walk from Yonge and Eglinton, St. Clement’s School offers an engaging and supportive work environment that celebrates diversity and creativity.
We invite applications for the full time role of:
Senior Development Officer – Leadership and Legacy Giving
As Senior Development Officer you will work closely with the Advancement team to spearhead and grow our Leadership and Planned Giving programs. The Senior Development Officer role provides the opportunity to build and maintain deep partnerships within our School community by identifying, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of prospective donors.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished, self-motivated individual with a proven track record in major and planned giving along with superior interpersonal skills who can effectively relate to donors, volunteers, colleagues, and School administrators. The Senior Development Officer will report directly to the Executive Director of Advancement (EDA).
Fundraising and Events
- Work with the EDA to develop strategic long-term plans and goals for successful and sustainable Leadership Gift and Planned Giving programs
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, conduct cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Conduct prospect research and prepare detailed profiles and briefing notes
- Participate in staff and volunteer screening and review meetings to identify new prospects and plan individualized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for prospects and current donors
- Implement a moves management program for both major and planned gifts
- Prepare tailored proposals for Leadership and/or Planned Gift donors and prospects
- Contribute to the ongoing growth of a robust prospect pipeline through personal visits, networking and other activities
- Working with the EDA and Associate Director of Alumnae and Donor Relations, maximize stewardship initiatives and opportunities
- Participate in the development of key marketing and fundraising communication tools
- Support, engage, and provide leadership and training to volunteers
- Evaluate program performance against targets and adjust plans and strategies to meet or exceed overall revenue goals
- Support stewardship/cultivation events and activities including invitation creation, guest list preparation, RSVPs, liaisons with appropriate staff and other support
Database Administration and Additional Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate database records for donor moves and visits
- Provide administrative support for appointment scheduling, correspondence, pledge reminders, gift agreements, briefing documents, filing/filing management
- Ensure accurate listing of all donors for the purposes of print and online publications and recognition opportunities
- Perform additional activities related to the Advancement effort as directed
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5-7 years’ experience and a University degree or equivalent preferred
- Successful track record of managing and closing five and six-figure gifts
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- Must have own car and a valid Ontario driver’s licence
- Current knowledge of tax and charity legislation and CRA rulings
- Brings best practice methodology to every aspect of the leadership gifts function
- Maintains highest ethical standards, is tactful with an empathetic disposition, demonstrates perseverance and an optimistic/positive attitude and is sensitive to donor needs
- Effective in motivating, training, coaching, and managing volunteers
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent database
- Skillful in using research tools and preparing research profiles
- Manage competing priorities and multiple tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Resourceful and flexible with strong organization, problem-solving and time management skills
- A sense of humour
- Proactive approach to work and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment as a supportive team player who is adaptable, able to learn quickly and to think on their feet
- Criminal record check is required as a condition of employment
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT SCS
St. Clement’s School is committed to developing outstanding women who are intellectually curious, courageous, and compassionate. Every member of the SCS team is dedicated to creating and fostering a unique and innovative environment for our girls and community. If our mission speaks to you, we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and we encourage continuous learning and growth by supporting ongoing professional development opportunities for staff.
DIVERSITY and EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
St. Clement’s School is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value each community member’s identity and well-being. Together, we learn and grow by embracing multiple perspectives, experiences, and cultures. Our differences are our strengths.
Accommodations will be provided upon request to support applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter by end of day January 22, 2019, to: email@example.com
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!