Posted On: 2019-01-09
Closing On: 2019-01-29
Employment Type: Full-Time
REPORTING TO: Director, Strategy, Research & Processing
LOCATION: Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness, with periodic travel to Brampton Civic and Etobicoke General Hospitals
Our ideal candidate is a skilled researcher with an inquisitive mind and desire to seek out and translate information into timely, accurate and actionable insight. Our ideal candidate has demonstrable strength in managing and reporting on large volumes of information, and driving prospect research processes in support of fundraising activities.
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
Osler Foundation is the fundraising arm of William Osler Health System (Osler). Osler serves 1.3 million people in Brampton, Caledon, North Mississauga, Etobicoke and the surrounding region. This is one of the fast-growing and most ethnically-diverse regions of Canada.
Osler Foundation builds and fosters relationships in our hospitals and in the community to raise funds to support the clinical priorities at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital, Osler’s two acute-care sites, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, an innovative new facility that opened in 2017.
The Prospect & Pipeline Officer is a key member of the Major Gifts team at Osler Foundation, providing strategic and actionable information to support staff fundraising efforts. This role is responsible for managing the prospect portfolio of Osler Foundation, from prospect identification to pipeline management and reporting. Specifically, this position drives the prospect identification activities of Osler Foundation, and supports the Major Gifts team in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation process.
PROSPECT IDENTIFICATION – 30%
- Proactively identify and rate major gift prospects using internal and publicly available sources of information, with priority given to identifying prospects at the $100K+ level.
- Execute prospecting activities as identified in the annual prospecting calendar.
- Proactively identify and execute database segmentation strategies designed to identify the most likely major gift prospects.
- Create customized lists of potential high-level prospects for review with senior volunteers and board members.
PROSPECT RESEARCH – 30%
- Assess the philanthropic capacity, interest, and affinity of potential donors through the preparation of confidential research profiles for the major gifts team.
- Provide strategy on newly identified and current major gift prospects to support their successful cultivation and solicitation, including a recommendation regarding Relationship Manager assignment.
- Enter research and prospect information into the Foundation’s Raiser’s Edge database; handle confidential information in a sensitive, ethical manner.
- Complete special research requests – i.e. community demographics – as needed.
- Monitor and timely disseminate news, events, trends, and issues that impact the Foundation’s strategies and the philanthropic environment.
PIPELINE MANAGEMENT – 30%
- Monitor the Major Gifts pipeline regularly to ensure compliance with major gift benchmarks; proactively provide solutions to identified gaps.
- Conduct regular meetings with major gift fundraisers to support prospect activation and ensure the pipeline is reflected accurately in Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare analytical reports on the status of the major gift pipeline.
- Support the major gift budget reforecasting process.
PROSPECT & PIPELINE ADMINISTRATION – 10%
- Report on major gift performance to various levels of management according to set fundraising metrics and arm leadership with fundraising performance data to drive operational decision-making.
- Proactively monitor and correct inaccurate solicitor assignments in Raiser’s Edge due to employee turnover.
- Support prospect identification efforts of all fundraising staff through providing customized training on prospect ID, Raiser’s Edge and other topics, as needed.
- Manage research budget including online research tool vendors, ensuring cost efficiency is achieved.
- Use professional development sources on an ongoing basis to proactively and continually improve strategy and research practice.
- Post-secondary education in the field of library sciences, business, or a related field, and fundraising.
- Four or more years of full-time relevant research experience, preferably within a fundraising context.
- Demonstrated experience in prospect management, including pipeline analysis, prospect tracking and prospect clearance.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills required with the ability to analyze and interpret data, make connections, and identify trends.
- Understanding of prospect research techniques and sources including constituent and electronic databases, property records, and securities filings.
- Proficient computer skills with Raiser’s Edge knowledge.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Corinne Shannon, Director, Strategy, Research & Processing via Corinne.email@example.com by January 29, 2019.
Interviews will be scheduled as resumes are received.