About Pathways to Education Canada
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
The Opportunity: Development Coordinator, Annual Giving – Individual Philanthropy
Under the supervision of the Director, Individual Philanthropy, the Development Coordinator will focus on annual giving, broadening Pathways’ base of support. The incumbent will coordinate a semi-annual direct mail campaign (including content development, mailing segmentation, and follow up), support online giving, work to increase donations from new audiences including Pathways Alumni and regional supporters, and make solicitations for a handful of private foundations.
We seek a curious, proactive, process-driven fundraising professional who is able to work across departments to provide a great donor experience to over 1,000 donors. This role requires someone who is eager to learn and seeks continuous improvement.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional project coordination skills, strong analytical talents, great attention to detail, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Develop and execute semi-annual direct mail appeal, including creating the content for the mailing, performing data pulls, export and review for mailings, and email communication;
- Conceive and test creative/innovative solicitation and stewardship opportunities for annual fund donors, including reaching out to new audiences, like Pathways Alumni, and developing a stronger regional focus for annual requests;
- Make stewardship and solicitation follow-up calls;
- Write and prepare donor communications, including thank you letters and email reminders;
- Maintain a small portfolio of family foundations - developing relationships with family members/program staff, writing grant applications/proposals, and reporting on impact of donations;
- Ensure data quality and integrity within the database;
- Assist with the facilitation of various events and meetings, including donor meetings, cultivation receptions and signature events.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of experience in a fundraising environment;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent experience;
- Excellent project coordination skills and the talent to effectively juggle competing priorities;
- Strategic thinker who can work independently, and manage multiple projects in a high volume, results-oriented environment;
- Strong written and oral communicator with the ability to provide information in a concise, easily understood manner;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Understanding of direct mail processes including mass appeal solicitations and stewardship;
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, specifically in query, export, and report functions an asset;
- Acts as a positive influence throughout the organization, fostering a commitment to teamwork and building a climate of professionalism, openness and communication.
To apply, candidates should email resumes and cover letters outlining their interest and fit with the role to: email@example.com by January 25, 2019.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.