The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Planned Giving Coordinator – Toronto, Ontario
Purpose and General Description
The Planned Giving Coordinator works within the Marketing and Development department to support the achievement of one of the goals of The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC’s) Landmark Campaign: 2020 Nature Legacy Society members by 2020.
Under the leadership of the Director, Planned Giving, the incumbent will support the development and execution of strategies and tactics to grow the number of legacy donors and planned giving prospects across Canada.
The incumbent will coordinate the day-to-day administration of the Planned Giving program and will play an active role in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of legacy donors and prospects. The position will support the Director, Planned Giving and the Senior Development Officer – Planned Giving
- Coordinate the day-to-day administration of the Planned Giving program, track projects and ensure support to the senior team;
- Coordinate the timely and thoughtful response to all requests for information received by phone, direct mail appeals, emails, surveys, website and staff referrals;
- Provide exceptional donor service by responding to all inquiries in a timely manner and preparing correspondence and information packages on planned giving opportunities;
- Ensure maintenance of all prospect and donor records in Raiser’s Edge, including records inputting, updating, reporting and actions tracking in the database. Develop standard reports and tracking mechanisms;
- Administer estate files and ensure that bequest revenue is timely received. Track the administration of each estate in Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure all types of planned gifts are received and processed accordingly to internal standard procedures;
- Work with the Events team to coordinate and support the execution of the Donor Motivation Program events and Nature Legacy Society members stewardship events;
- Develop effective working relationships with the regional development teams and provide assistance regarding planned giving inquiries, giving options, acceptance of gift of stock and other types of gifts, as required;
- Keep current on all planned giving vehicles, pertaining laws and new rulings;
- Support the senior staff in the development of ongoing and new direct marketing strategies
- Contribute to the content generation of all planned giving communication and marketing materials, including donors stories, giving strategies and support the integration of the message in all traditional and digital channels;
- Support the senior staff in preparing update reports of program results and performance;
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Required skills and attributes:
- University degree or equivalent;
- Post-graduate certificate in a course of study related to the sector is an asset;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in the non-profit sector or equivalent;
- Donor relations and/or customer service experience;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to effectively persuade and inspire others to support NCC’s work;
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to details;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Ability to work independently, communicate at all levels with confidence and exercise sound judgment, tact and confidentiality in relation to donors and the general public;
- Planned Giving experience and/or interest in, an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player;
- Experience in use of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and proficiency in the use of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- French language an asset;
- Valid driver’s licence.
If you have a keen interest in nature and a career in fundraising and planned giving, email your resume to email@example.com by January 31, 2019, making sure to note the following in the subject line of your email: Your first and last name - Planned Giving Coordinator (eg. Jane Doe – Planned Giving Coordinator). We appreciate all interest but regret that we will only be able to respond to candidates chosen for an interview.