Posted On: 2019-01-10
Closing On: 2019-02-28
Employment Type: Full-Time
As part of Camp Oochigeas’ Development Department, the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships is accountable for overseeing the planning, implementation and achievement of major gifts and sponsorships from primarily corporate donors to support the organization’s long- and short-term strategic fund development goals. These accountabilities help achieve the following:
- Advance the profile of Camp Oochigeas to donors, prospects and other stakeholders to inspire ongoing commitment which will ensure sufficient resources to meet the organization’s current and future needs, and
- Achieve Camp Oochigeas’ mission of providing kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
Reports to: Director, Philanthropy
- Contribute to an annual fund development plan and budget for the organization
- Participate in major gift revenue projections, forecasting and budget monitoring
- Assist with business plan preparation and presentations
- Work with colleagues in programs and finance to prepare donor investment and engagement opportunities
Donor & Volunteer Development (50%)
- Act as primary relationship manager to a portfolio primarily corporate donors and prospects (as assigned by one’s supervisor).
- Achieve individual fundraising targets for portfolio by developing strategies to actively engage new prospects, advance or re-engage existing relationships with major gift donors and corporate event sponsors
- Support and work closely with the Director, Philanthropy, the Director, Community and Annual Giving, and the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and fundraising volunteers to actively engage new prospects and build strategic moves for existing relationships with major ($5k+) and transformational gift donors ($500k+) and sponsors
- Develop targeted solicitation strategies, customized proposals, sponsorship packages, briefing documents, grant submissions, and presentations to secure major gifts and sponsorships.
- Lead the strategic planning, research and outreach to secure sponsorship for signature and partnership events, including but not limited to the Imagine the Magic Gala and Sporting Life 10k
- Direct proactive research and participate in ongoing prospect identification, taking responsibility to acquire new corporate donors and upgrade/engage existing donors
- Ensure that all gifts are received in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency the Camp Oochigeas gift acceptance policies
- Collaborate with the Community Event team to engage corporate partners who host fundraising events and campaigns as a part of their partnership with Ooch
Donor Relations and Stewardship (20%)
- Participate in events and functions related to leadership and major giving
- Connect with corporate partners, donors and fundraising volunteers on a regular basis to share news, updates, impact reports, invitations; provide customized correspondence and experiences
- Work with the Donor Relations to create and implement stewardship, engagement and recognition strategies for corporate donors
- Foster relationships with a diverse community of donors
- Pro-actively model a “donor-Centered” ethos, helping to advance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization
Database Management (10%)
- Contribute to the organization’s Major Gifts and Sponsorship tracking and activity reporting through disciplined and rigorous use of Raiser’s Edge software by maintaining current records of all solicitation and cultivation activities in database
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate reports on prospect activity and pledges, including call reports and tracking activity towards sponsorship goals
- Recommend and document ongoing policy and process improvements for Raisers Edge
- Strategically use the Case for Support for the development of written proposals for special gift solicitations and communications with donors and prospects about the priorities of Camp Ooch
- Working in conjunction with the Communications Officer and Development Officer, Donor Relations, draft and ensure consistent messaging and quality in development and stakeholder communications, including template letters and mailings for Major Gift donors
- Working in conjunction with the Director, Community & Annual Giving and Marketing & Communications team, draft customized sponsorship proposals and communications
- Represent Camp Oochigeas at select meetings and events to support fund development initiatives
- Lead and/or participate in public speaking, presentations and 1-on-1 meetings stakeholders
- The Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships works collaboratively with all members of the Development, Marketing & Communications team including other Senior Development Officers, Major Gifts Coordinator, Donor Relations Officer, and all members of the Community Events and Signature & Partnership Event teams
- The Senior Development Officer works closely with management, including the Director, Philanthropy, Director, Community and Annual Giving, CDO and CEO.
- The Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships works closely with other Ooch colleagues, volunteers, donors and prospects.
Help ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all programs are consistent with Camp Oochigeas’ mission, operating principles and objectives and adhere to the code of ethics of Imagine Canada, the Association of Gift Planners, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Experience and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Major Gifts fundraising environment working with corporate partners and/or sponsors
- Demonstrated track record in major gift cultivation and solicitation of gifts over $100,000
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing and developing sponsorship packages
- Experience with employee engagement programs, event sponsorship, and cause marketing campaigns Must possess the ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Superior communication and proposal development skills (both written and verbal) and well developed interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
- Experience working with and managing senior volunteers
- Experience presenting in a public forum
- Current driver’s license
- Current police reference check
- CFRE designation
- Experience working in community investment or corporate philanthropy
- An understanding of the power of camp
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector
- Major Gifts experience working with institutional donors, such as large foundations or corporate partners
Well organized, strong sense of ownership, enthusiastic, passionate, personable, adaptable, diplomatic, attention to detail, strong collaborator, able to work in an open concept office environment, and a strong interest in fundraising for children with special needs and exceptionalities
Particular Working Conditions
In consideration of the population Ooch serves, the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships is a non-smoker
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to the Human Resources Dept.