Posted On: 2019-01-21
Closing On: 2019-02-11
Effective: To be determined
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital (OSMH) Foundation
The OSMH Foundation is a proud partner of Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital and the people of Orillia and North Simcoe/Muskoka. The Foundation provides funds to the Hospital to buy medical equipment, sustain programs and assist the Hospital in maintaining its position as a leader in providing quality community based healthcare.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Development Officer – Major Gifts & Physician Engagement is responsible for the overall implementation and management of the Major Gifts, Physician Engagement and Grateful Patient fundraising programs with a focus on the procurement of donations over $25,000 and up on behalf of the Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital (OSMH) Foundation. The Senior Development Officer reports to the Executive Director.
- University or college degree preferred or professional experience equivalent.
- CFRE certification an asset
- 3 to 5 years previous experience with Major Gifts fundraising required.
- Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset; experience directly in a healthcare or hospital foundation environment preferred.
- Experience working with volunteer committees is required; demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and train volunteers/community leaders.
- Management and public relations experience preferred.
- A passion for OSMH Foundation and healthcare fundraising.
- Outstanding communication skills: written and verbal, strong public speaker, excellent listener.
- A "go getter" and strong relationship builder, assertive, exercises initiative and strength in building relationships.
- Highly professional, mature and confident.
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, sound judgement.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, positive attitude.
- Effective and collaborative team player.
- Proven track record in meeting revenue targets and deadlines while working under strict time constraints and with a diversity of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers, and to convey genuine interest and pleasure in people’s lives and charitable aspirations.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills, flexibility and the ability to adapt to stressful and rapidly changing situations.
- Demonstrated self-discipline and self-motivation, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a demanding environment, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated computer, word processing, and data base experience require; preferably in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge environments.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume by 4:00 pm on Monday, February 11, 2019 to:
Mark Riczu, Executive Director
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital Foundation
146 Mississaga Street West, Orillia, ON L3V 3B3
Tel: (705) 325-6464 Fax: (705) 325-4693