Posted On: 2019-01-25
Closing On: 2019-02-21
Location: East York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Michael Garron hospital is a community hospital providing care from birth to end-of-life, serving 400,000 people living in East Toronto. We deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis - 90 per cent of the health-care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere else in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health-care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation has embarked on the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of our $500-million redevelopment project. The Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing city and our diverse, often under-served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as our Database & Gift Processing Coordinator.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Events, Annual and Operations, the Database & Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for processing of all donations and generating accurate receipts with thank you letters (~ 12,000 transactions annually). The successful candidate will work with our Manager, Finance to reconcile transactions on a monthly basis, and ensure that the appropriate gift documentation is retained. Additionally, this team member will work with our Manager, Annual Programs to export lists in support of Foundation e-communications and direct mail campaigns (up to 20 annually). The incumbent requires a proficiency working with Raiser’s Edge, knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines, and a high level of attention to detail.
Gift Processing & Receipting
- Enter gifts into Raiser’s Edge database system. This involves accurate data entry skills; an understanding of the CRA guidelines with respect to charitable receipting and eligibility; and recognition of the importance of accurately recording gift restrictions.
- Prepare and reconcile bank deposits as well as IATS transactions. Run and disseminate daily donation report to Foundation colleagues.
- Import data from online donation pages using upload utility, import online gifts through third-party websites such as Canada Helps and EchoAge.
- File gift documentation, ensuring completeness of records for audit purposes.
- Execute weekly thank-you and tax receipt correspondence.
- Fulfill tribute donations, sending cards for gifts made in memory and in honour.
- On a monthly basis, produce pledge reminder letters, run all monthly donations, including payroll gifts.
Donor Records Management, Annual Programs & Other
- Support data management needs for Annual Programs portfolio, including appeal backfeed files upload, exporting mail files for mailing house, acquisition list management, appeal and constituent coding.
- As an integral member of our team, flag opportunities or concerns to colleagues as appropriate.
- On a monthly basis, run a series of data integrity queries to ensure database accuracy and completeness.
- Remove duplicate constituents and merge donor records where necessary.
- Manage data collection for declined or expired credit cards.
- Where returned mail is received, make efforts to obtain updated information through research and outreach to donor.
- Liaise with office volunteers to stuff and mail receipts and letters, assign other duties as appropriate.
- Manage biographical donor data such as address changes, deceased data, email consent, mailing preferences and provide notifications as appropriate to staff.
- Provide back-up to as office reception as required.
- Support our annual internal audit by supplying auditor with back up documentation as requested.
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge user accounts/groups, recommend and manage security permissions.
- Maintain the Raisers Edge gift entry manual; updating as procedures change.
- Train new staff to ensure understanding of our database structure, coding and procedures.
- Serve as a courteous touch point for internal and external customers with questions about giving, their gift transactions, pledge payments/issues.
- Assist at Foundation events as required.
Requisite skills and attributes
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with online donation processing platforms is an asset.
- Pleasant phone and in-person demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all of levels.
- Takes initiative to problem-solve and liaise with colleagues for information required to perform duties.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to identify inefficiencies and recommend process improvements, as well as anticipate challenges and resolve issues as they arise.
- Highly adaptable, and flexible, able to prioritize and work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing environment, as part of a small but nimble team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of collaborators, including proactive sharing of information.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged. Interested applicants can learn more and apply online here.