POSITION: Professional Development and Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director, AFP Canadian Services & Greater Toronto Chapter
The Organization: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 30,000 members in 240 Chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs.
The Chapter: The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter is the largest AFP Chapter in the world with over 1,300 members which represents 1/3 of the Canadian membership. The office is located in the downtown area of Toronto.
The Position: This position is full-time at the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter, with some evening hours. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual capable of working in a fast-paced, small team environment. The Professional Development and Events Coordinator manages all the professional development and networking events for the Greater Toronto Chapter in order to provide the utmost quality in education and delegate experience.
- aiding in the planning and development of events;
- designing and implementing event logistics;
- coordinating registration;
- maintaining the database;
- liaising with committee members, event speakers and facilities representatives;
- conducting post-event evaluation and analysis.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in the Association Management or non-profit sectors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have 2-4 years event planning and coordinating experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with individuals at high levels, both internally and externally, in a timely and diplomatic manner
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow through on all requests in a timely and appropriate manner
- Must be innovative, creative, highly motivated self-starter
- Must have the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and maintain high attention to detail
- Must have extensive experience with a variety of technology platforms and tools, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, AMS databases, Adobe Acrobat, registration, survey and event software
- Must have strong proactive and volunteer/member management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with individuals both with the staff and the volunteers with varying skill levels and differing personalities
- Must have knowledge of financial reporting and Microsoft Excel
- Must have the ability to work with a large variety of personalities over the telephone and resolve their questions in a positive, efficient manner
Program and Event Management:
- Manages the event registration, pre-event and onsite, as well as the logistics, and post-event follow-up
- Coordinates logistics with speakers, and facilities representatives and maintains the program calendar
- Supports all speakers in all of the Chapter’s education programs
- Represents the chapter at most events and programs
- Creates and maintains on-line registration forms for education events
- Pull daily accounting reports and reconcile event financials
- Develops and provides relevant and timely information to committee chairs, board members and chapter members, as necessary
- Provides support to the various Education committees providing program data analysis for reporting requirements and financial management
- Create content for digital channels including website, social media channels and e-mails to promote events in collaboration with Marketing and Communication Specialist|
Governance and operations:
- Works with the committees to develop timelines for agreed upon projects
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Director, AFP Canadian Services & Greater Toronto Chapter
Applicants selected will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.