Posted On: 2019-02-07
Closing On: 2019-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Development Administrator, Events
Contract: February 2019 – February 2020
Camp Oochigeas is a privately funded, volunteer-based organization that provides kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences. Since 1984, ‘Ooch’ has been providing magical camp experiences to thousands of children affected by childhood cancer. Camp Oochigeas provides on-site chemotherapy and blood work to our camper population during their stay at our 400-acre facility in Muskoka, ON. The Camp also provides year-round programming at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and other pediatric oncology centres across Ontario as well as for children living in the community. Camp Oochigeas has experienced strong strategic growth in the last few years and is offering increased programming in order to better serve our community.
The Development Administrator, Events is accountable for providing a comprehensive range of support services to the Annual & Community Giving team in order that Camp Oochigeas achieves its long-term and short-term strategic fund development goals. These accountabilities:
- The Development Department’s vision to advance the profile of Camp Oochigeas to donors, prospects and other stakeholders to inspire ongoing commitment which will ensure sufficient resources to meet the organization’s current and future needs.
- Camp Oochigeas’ mission of providing kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
- The fostering of a donor-centered attitude and culture of philanthropy and donor relationship management throughout the organization in order to maximize fund development opportunities.
- Participation in signature, partnership, and community events including, but not limited to, Sporting Life 10K (SL10K), Gala, and community and partnership events.
Reports to: Senior Development Officer, Events
Start Date: February 2019
End Date: February 2020
Community Event Administration (40%)
- Provide support to over 100 annual 3rd party events in collaboration with the Senior Development Officer, Events and Development Coordinator, Events and serve as the main point of contact for events as assigned.
- Work closely with the Web Administrator to create event fundraising pages and online listings.
- Support the tracking of community events in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage inventory of all auction donations and other particular event materials for internal fundraising events and select community events.
- Coordinate mailing of all invoices, thank you letters, recognition items and miscellaneous packages.
- Support the stewardship of donors and community event organizers.
- Attend and represent Camp Ooch at various community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sporting Life 10k Toronto and Ottawa Support (40%)
- Support the Senior Development Coordinator, Events and Development Coordinator, Events with the management of corporate fundraising teams, camper family teams and top fundraisers assisting with communications, registration, tracking and recruitment as assigned.
- Provide ongoing customer service to fundraisers, including managing the SL10K email and phone inboxes and managing Run for Free communications.
- Support the execution of fundraising, recruitment and stewardship emails, leading the recipient list management.
- Coordinate distribution of all fundraiser and team materials and recognition including plaques and run kits.
- Oversee the thank you call strategy and execution for donors and fundraisers.
- Lead Kit Pick Up week for the SL10K Toronto.
- Organize the distribution of race promotional material to Yonge & Eglington businesses.
- Coordinate all event supplies and event packing.
- Support the database and tracking requirements such as fundraising benchmarks, volunteers, etc. and lead the daily tracking of fundraising progress metrics.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Serve as administrative support to the Development, Marketing & Communication Team coordinating all department wide meetings and preparing minutes as required.
- Coordinate the purchase and delivery of all department supplies.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Community & Annual Giving.
- Coordinate all major deliveries and department pick-ups.
- Track and update all returned mail in Raiser’s Edge.
- Support the maintenance of Raiser’s Edge, including data input and pulling data lists as required.
- Provide administrative support to other Ooch events as assigned.
- Manage the Oochigeas@ooch.org inbox and main donation line.
- Coordinate the process and implementation of effective storage and space management across the Development Department to ensure spaces remain clean, safe, and work-efficient.
- Provide back-up to reception on an ad-hoc basis.
Help ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all programs are consistent with Camp Oochigeas’ mission, operating principles and objectives and adhere to the code of ethics of Imagine Canada, the Association of Gift Planners, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
The Development Administrator, Events works in close collaboration with:
- The Director, Community & Annual Giving, Senior Development Officer, Events and Development Coordinator, Events to support the achievement of annual community events program objectives.
- The Senior Development Coordinator, Events and Development Coordinator, Events to support annual Sporting Life 10k objectives.
- The Finance & Corporate Services Department to preserve and enhance the integrity and quality of the organization’s fund development database and reception services.
- All staff of the organization to achieve best practices in fundraising operations and program delivery.
Experience and Qualifications
- A post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in fundraising/not-for-profit environment, and/or in event planning.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a high performing team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects.
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time constraints.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Experience using CRM donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience advantageous).
- Current driver’s license and insurability.
- Current police reference check with vulnerable sector screening.
- An understanding of the power of camp.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- Knowledge of CRA Guidelines.
- Experience using Mail Chimp, Race Roster, and Engaging Networks.
Well organized with proven planning and organizational skills; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects; respond to multiple requests; enthusiastic; personable with exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written communication skills; adaptable; diplomatic; attention to detail; able to work in an open office environment.
Particular Working Conditions
- In consideration of the population Ooch serves, the Communications Officer is a non-smoker.
- This is a full-time position working in Toronto. The position involves some evening and weekend commitments.
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, vacation, professional development, and performance based increases.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
Please send a cover letter with salary expectations and resume via email by February 23rd to the Human Resources Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit our website at www.ooch.org